Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwell Infrared Heating

• 04-12-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mam got a leaflet through the door about these guys, a google search gave me this site: http://www.redwell.ca/

She seems interested in finding out more about it, but I thought I'd put it to you guys for your opinion first :)

I don't have a clue about this kind of thing so any feedback would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone even hear of Infrared heating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

bump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Used them in a Community Centre - very high ceiling with exposed King Post Truss. They were just light fittings about 10 inch square. They are turned on like a light - dark red glow.

The idea is they warm the person not the air. You can feel the heat off them. I'm not sure how much they cost to run. They are ready available at any Electrican Wholesaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

eddie3355 wrote: »
    hi there , Infrared heating seem to be one of the most efficient form of heating as does not heat the air but the people and the objects without to heat the space between them.
    Check different providers

The Infrared Heating Panels comes in different sizes depends on the area you wanna heat with Outputs from 400W up to 950W

have one in my living room and i am very happy with

Hiya you wouldn't be flogging these things would you? ;)

Anyway had a gander at the link and when someone puts up "eco friendly", "no CO2 emissions" when the unit runs on good ole electricity which is produced using ??? and in so doing so releases ??? into the atmosphere. This is total mismarketing aimed at environmentally uneducated fashionable to be green Numpties.

Furthermore it claims to "maintain optimal humidity", "relieve symptoms of various allergies including asthma". "Poses no fire hazard" yet works off 220V.

Finally you say "very long life span" yet this is a new product with no history of how it performs over time.

Sorry to rain on your parade eddie3355 and if you are a genuine punter who has purchased this product best o luck with it.

However this kind of mis information based on the assumption that everybody will buy it without question if you tell a load o porkies and call it green does my head in :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

eddie3355 wrote: »
    Hi there ,just to remind when we spoke about green and eco-friendly it is in conjunction with wind turbines and different suppliers which produce green energy and i would suggest here Airtricity

In the near future in Ireland most of the electricity will be generated by wind turbines so will be green energy my friend
    regards:)

And Im going to win the lottery too.

Talk about the present day and the here and now.

Oh and stop trying to flog your products here,with all of your 3 posts too.

So obvious.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement