Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandfather clock repair in Ireland

Options
  • 04-12-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I have a Grandfather clock which is in need of repair.
    It is approximately six foot tall, so I have no idea how it could be transported. It looks fine but does not keep good time.
    It is a fine piece of furniture, but unless it functions as a clock, it really takes away from it.
    Are there people in Ireland who repair antique grandfather clocks.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have a Grandfather clock which is in need of repair.
    It is approximately six foot tall, so I have no idea how it could be transported. It looks fine but does not keep good time.
    It is a fine piece of furniture, but unless it functions as a clock, it really takes away from it.
    Are there people in Ireland who repair antique grandfather clocks.?

A quick Google indicates that these repair antique clocks. They are based in Cork.

There's also a list of repairers with phone numbers (one in Loughrea) here

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

MM, thanks for the reply.
    The O'Sullivan Brothers site looks good.
    Many of the others on the list have no online information.
    I also found one in Kildare with a website -
    Clock Jordan - www.clockrepairireland.com
    I have sent him a photo of the clock, so hopefully he can help. Ideally, I would like to have someone visit and fix it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My parents got an antique (grandmother? Not full length) clock repaired somewhere in Dublin, I'll find out later. Cost was €300 and it needs repair again, the repair lasted about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Salthill guy, i know of a gentleman who repairs all kinds of clocks, Grandfather clocks being his speciality and a hobby kinda thing. He's based near Headford in Co. Galway.

PM me if you want his contact details - i'd certainly recommend having a chat with him about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flavia

Hi, I repair and restore antique clocks all the time. I am in Enniskillen and I am a member of the BHI. If you wish to contact me you can through this forum or call me on 048 66328776, Raymond

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bpoh

hi everyone, i hope someone might be able to help me find information on a old clock. it is about 90 years old. this picture might be of some help. the movement is by new haven in new york. my grandparents got it as a wedding present.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Collectibles & Antiques

dudara

Advertisement