Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Coming out Stories...

Options
  • 04-12-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey so I'm on the verge of coming out...i can feel it building up whenever my parents talk about my lack of boyfriend etc. or when my friends start getting abit suspicous... so i hvae a bad feeling i may just end up word vomiting it out at some stage and dothe wrong thing etc....just wondering how or what you guys did to make it easier...id say its gna be the hardest thing im ever going to have to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey - I came out several years ago. First to 2 seperate friends and it was emotional. I got great feedback from them - they were very supportive and were thrilled that I finally came out. I was 25 when I finally came out to myself and others. But once I started to tell a few more, it got easier and it was no longer a big deal. And sure as people are, news travels...so I no longer needed to say anything. It was about 9 months later before I told my mum. At the time I was with my gf for 6 months, and I hated not been able to tell her about her. So I went home for a full weekend and it was tearful with hugs. She was numb initially...but now they get on well and it was good.

I know that I am extremely lucky to have had good friends who didn't care or didn't show that it mattered whether my partner was male or female. And that others don't always have it so easy. But my advice is when you are ready, you should come out to those that you want to share this with and I hope that it all goes well for you.

Advertisement