Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend me a bluetooth handsfree set

Options
  • 04-12-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Looking for one of those ones that you plug into the lighter socket that has a speaker on it. I'd prefer one of those than having to wire one up to the radio (or is it easy to diy?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Have a Parrot Minikit myself and very happy with it. Fully portable so you can move it betweens cars etc and has a very long charge life

http://www.parrotshopping.com/ie/p_parrot_topviewed.aspx?f=219

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This is a well regarded unit - check reviews - sun visor mounted and is stonking good value.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/15581.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the problem I have with those clip on units is that they will need charging the second you need to use it....

I'd prefer the built in unit. They are not as expensive as you would think.

€220 and you can get a Parrot CK3100 supplied & fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=165687

This is a great kit. I would have gone with that if I had known about it when I was getting my Parrot ck3100 which is good but very basic.

thb9060cc.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the problem I have with those clip on units is that they will need charging the second you need to use it....

I'd prefer the built in unit. They are not as expensive as you would think.

€220 and you can get a Parrot CK3100 supplied & fitted

20 days standby time/8 hours talk time is pretty good though. Unit could be charged in car overnight too, the same as a headset.

Ok it's small bit less convenient than a wired in solution, but it's transportable car to car, and the bones of €190 cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Some of the reviews say the 20 days standby is pants which i would beleive. Dunno about your car but mine turns off power to the lighter socket as soon as i plug it out.
    Might give the cheap one a go an see, especially seeing as its only €25. There are more reviews for it than the Parrot mini on that site too and its half the price of it as well.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have a Nokia HF33, and it's grand. no match for a proper kit though.
    20021033.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Scruff wrote: »
    Some of the reviews say the 20 days standby is pants which i would beleive. Dunno about your car but mine turns off power to the lighter socket as soon as i plug it out.
    Might give the cheap one a go an see, especially seeing as its only €25. There are more reviews for it than the Parrot mini on that site too and its half the price of it as well.
    Cheers!

there must be a way to hard-wire it so it stays on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

would the cc9060 not be crap with a built in mic, thus causing interior cabin noise an issue

which cause you to sound like your down a well while talking while driving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

su_dios wrote: »
    This is a great kit. I would have gone with that if I had known about it when I was getting my Parrot ck3100 which is good but very basic.

thb9060cc.jpg

I have this one (Bury CC9060) in my car, a Nokia CK-15W (with screen) in another, a Nokia CK-7W (no screen) in the G/Fs car, a Parrot CK3100 (with screen) in the work van, and a Motorola BT Car-kit (no screen) in my mothers car. A friend of mine had a Siemens kit with screen.

The phone I use is a Blackberry Curve, but we also use various Nokia and Samsung phones. Some phones tend to work better with some kits.

The Bury, which has a touch screen and voice command, is excellent. You can unclip the screen and hide it when you park, like a front-off radio. After that I'd go CK-15W, Parrot, CK-7W, Siemens, and Motorola (which I'd now avoid like the plague). Unfortunately the Siemens fell apart fairly quickly.

Sound and microphone quality on the Bury seems to be better than the others, too. The mic isn't bult in as mentioned above; I have it over the drivers door. It also seems to work without the screen clipped on.

They were all supplied and fitted by Jeremy in Auto Electrical Concepts at some point or another (except the Siemens!!!)

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement