Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14

• 04-12-2008 11:54am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OAK @ SD
    JAX @ CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET
    GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL
    TB @ CAR

Last Week: 9-7
    Season: 124-68

Some big divisional games this week. Arizona should tie up their division anyway. Biggest game I think is Bucs at Panthers. huge game. Probably will decide who wins NFC south. Atlanta need to beat Saints to keep the pressure on, but saints at home can be good, so I expect it to be a high scoring free flowing passing game. Giants should keep trucking on at home against Philly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

SD
    CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET
    GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

when does the superbowl final be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

PaddyCar wrote: »
    1st of Feb. Ever heard of this great URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

whats an url?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

OAK @ SD
    JAX @ CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET
    HOU @ GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL
    TB @ CAR

Last week 6-10 (how bad was that)
    Overall 108-68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

OAK @ SD (raider fan gotta go with my boys!)
    JAX @ CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET (gettin their first W!)
    HOU @ GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL
    TB @ CAR

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OAK @ SD The Raiders are one of the few teams I can see getting destroyed by the Chargers this season. Chargers will win this one by 20+
    JAX @ CHI The Jags have been poor away from home, and as predicted by me before the season began, the Bears would be back this year. They still have a ways to go to win a superbowl but they have improved a lot on last year. Bears to win this one but it will be low scoring.
    CLE @ TEN The Titans have been the surprise team of the year, the Browns have been one of the biggest letdowns of the season, no reason for things to change in this game. Titans win.
    PHI @ NYG Things have got progressively worse in Philly since the start of the year. The Giants have been impressive and Plaxico done them a favour by shooting himself out of football for the forseeable future. They have so much power on offence in every department and they are going to be very hard stopped this year. Giants and easily.
    MIN @ DET The Vikings are coming on strong after a horrendous start to the season. Detroit have been nothing short of abysmal and this will continue this weekend. Viks win.
    GB A very interesting matchup and one I find really hard to predict, as I've said before I always go with the home team when in doubt. Pack win and a very high scoring game.
    ATL @ NO Two high powered offenses collide and this one is a must watch affair. I think the Falcons might just be good enough on defence to stop the Saints. Reggie Bush is doubtful again, and if he is not in then this will definitely be a Falcons win.
    CIN @ IND Both these teams had horrendous starts to the year but the Colts have found their rythym and they win this one easily.
    MIA @ BUF Very simple really, the Bills have been good against the pass but horrendous against the run, the Dolphins have so much power on the ground that I can see them scoring on every drive.
    NE @ SEA It comes along at the right time for New England. The Patriots were shockingly bad last week in a game we would have expected to lose anyways but not after the previous two weeks. Still this ones a lock for the Patriots.
    KC @ DEN Now anything could happen here and probably will happen, I see this as being monstrously high scoring and I'll go with Denver to pull it off.
    NYJ @ SF The Jets had trouble last week against a passing team but this week they meet a team that run the ball. I'd like to say the 49ers cause a shock but I can't see it happening here. Jets win.
    STL @ ARI The Cards have been better than ever this year and they meet a poor Rams team who I'm still wondering about after they beat the two toughest opponents on their schedule this year but can't beat anyone else.
    DAL @ PIT Game of the week, Willie Parker proved his fitness against the Pats last week, Big Ben looked healthier than he has all season. All looks good for the Steelers but thats usually when they turn around and lose. However with the running back problems that the Cowboys have now, I don't see any way they can win this game. Steelers to win this one and don't be surprised if its an easy win.
    WAS @ BAL The Redskins have flattered to deceive on occasions but the Ravens have been very dissapointing. Redskins win this one.
    TB @ CAR The Bucs hammered the Panthers earlier in the season. Expect a revenge mission here in a tough tough game. There will be no quarter given between these two divisonal rivals. I'm going with Carolina who have been really impressive at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

OAK @ SD
    JAX @ CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET
    GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL
    TB @ CAR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Hey Eagle Eye just to let you know that a ten euro bet on your picks this week pays back 3grand so if your forecasts are correct i'll owe u a pint;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

PaddyCar wrote: »

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

OAK @ SD
    JAX @ CHI
    CLE @ TEN
    PHI @ NYG
    MIN @ DET
    HOU @GB
    ATL @ NO
    CIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF
    NE @ SEA
    KC @ DEN
    NYJ @ SF
    STL @ ARI
    DAL @ PIT
    WAS @ BAL
    TB @ CAR

SeekUp wrote: »
    OAK @ SD

Well that would be a pretty easy perdiction to make now because of the Chargers win;)

Hey Eagle Eye just to let you know that a ten euro bet on your picks this week pays back 3grand so if your forecasts are correct i'll owe u a pint;)
    Unfortunately for me, my certainty of the week were the Giants and they are playing their worst football ever imo. I never seen them this bad and its got nothing to do with Philly either. Very bad day for me as I had them in every multiple bet I did.:(

And a large single bet also.:(:(

Even if my other two single bets come up, I lose a packet.:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pats just concded TD againt the hawks who are now up by 8. With the jets losing to the 49ers if the Pats lose this match it would be a shocker. I guess this ends the Cassell to replace brady stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Thats it Seattle,wait till its mathematically impossible to qualify for the playoffs before you start putting in decent performances. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What the **** has happened to the Packers' defence? 549 net yards conceded. That's not good enough and the Texans are hardly an offensive superpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gotta love Wes Welker.

:D

Not only was the 49ers win the most impressive win by the team in 5 years it was the fact that we looked like a real team unlike the mess Nolan created.

All we have to do now is sort out the Fumbles and the inability to close games out and who knows:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Not only was the 49ers win the most impressive win by the team in 5 years it was the fact that we looked like a real team unlike the mess Nolan created.

All we have to do now is sort out the Fumbles and the inability to close games out and who knows:)

Im thanking you as a 49ers fan dude you guys have given the AFC East title chase a new lease of life. Good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Pats just concded TD againt the hawks who are now up by 8. With the jets losing to the 49ers if the Pats lose this match it would be a shocker. I guess this ends the Cassell to replace brady stories.

Pats scraped home :):D

That brightened my day up to see the Jets lose and us win. I predicted the Miami win as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That was quite an end to the game in pittsburgh. I wonder if Dallas will come to regret those last few minutes. Owens arguing on the sideline doesn't look good for their prospects, and they couldn't move the ball at all right when they needed to.

This is a tight season. You'd be doing well to take on the bookies now and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Im thanking you as a 49ers fan dude you guys have given the AFC East title chase a new lease of life. Good job.

Yes, the ... ahem, the strongest divison in the league. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

The Giants loss to the Eagles was very dissapointing but it was nice to see that they still clinched the division. It would've been nicer if they clinched with a win though. Hopefully, they can learn from this and become a stronger team for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I really hope the Pats dont make it. Stupid Seahawks, the win would of been a big help to the Raiders aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

davyjose wrote: »

*SNORT*

davyjose wrote: »

I still think it is No one running away with it. 3 of the 4 teams on the same record and will go to the wire to decide it.

*SNORT*

Eh? Your point would be?

• Advertisement

*SNORT*

Insightful

I still think it is No one running away with it. 3 of the 4 teams on the same record and will go to the wire to decide it.

I think it's one of the most competitive divisions definitely, but strongest??? No. Miami and the Jets are not two of the best teams in the league, and the Pats are having a bad season. They were fortunate to come out on top against seattle, which would have been a season ender. The Bills flattered to decieve in the opening 4 games, but really they're just rubbish.

Having said that, there aren't really that many strong divisions left. If you look at the AFC south last year (nobody had a losing record, 3 teams made the playoffs), or the NFC East (3 teams made the playoffs), you had two very strong divisions. This year it's not so obvious.
    If the Pats were doing what they should be - dominating - then suddenly the Jets and Miami wouldn't look so hot in that division. So really you've got a good team with a poor record, two mediocre teams with good records and one rubbish team. To me that doesn't signify real strength in depth.

*SNORT*

There was recently a discussion on which the strongest division in the league was, in which tallaght, and others, made a not-unreasonable case for the AFC East. But I'm sure you knew that; there's no other way you could have come out with such a well thought-out rebuttal.

Aaaanyway ... it really does highlight how quickly things can change in the NFL. It's also quite incredible how the Jets have shot themselves in the foot TBH. The Pats will go 11-5 and the Ravens/Cols will get wild cards IMO

davyjose I agree with you but when I talk about strength im talking about 3 of 4 teams in a battle to make the playoffs how many divisions actually have more than 1 or 2 teams still in contention to fight for a playoff spot still NFC South is the only other one I can think off.

Maybe strength is the wrong word but maybe not. The strength of a division doesnt have to reflect who is the best team in the NFL in my opinion.

I think its time for a playoff picture thread now. I'll start if up later and put in a decent first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A huge night of rushing yards for the Panthers. Williams did wonders for my Fantasy team -

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
    D. Williams 19 186 2 41
    J. Stewart 15 115 2 30

• Advertisement

Gotta admit after the MNF horror ending we suffered I haven't been a huge of the Cards but congrats for ending their NFC West hodoo and winning the division title for the first time since 1975.:)

Advertisement