Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat on a journey to the country

• 04-12-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all is there a website with suggested places to eat on the road, we are heading to Dromoland castle this weekend and fancy stopping somewhere nice along the road?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well if you're going down the N7 from town - Avoca in Rathcoole is really nice for food. But it's a bit early in the journey. There is place near Portlaoise - Midway foodcourt, which has a few places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Where are you starting from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

If your on the N7 then "Matt The Thresher", Birdhill, Co. Tipperary is your only man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Clements

Travelling from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Check out the Georgina Campbell website (google it), I've found it to be quite reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Eeeek, I've gone on Georgina Campbells website once and never ever again.
    It was the worst food i could possibly have paid money for. I was terribly disappointed.
    I'd be trusting word of mouth over that anyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

olaola wrote: »
    Midway foodcourt, which has a few places.
    I think the OP is looking for a culinary experience, rather than bad pizza/O'Brien's Sandwich bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

No harm having a Bridgestone guide in the glovebox. I'm not a fan of Georgina Cambells either.

Advertisement