Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees

Options
  • 04-12-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here, this is my first Christmas in D.15 and was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that sell real Christmas trees?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The green grocers in the village do and they will fit the stand on the end for you if you bring it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The green grocers in the village do and they will fit the stand on the end for you if you bring it with you.

I assume you mean Justins across from the youth service?
    Just in case the op isn't so sure or new to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

maceocc2 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me here, this is my first Christmas in D.15 and was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that sell real Christmas trees?

Thanks for the help.

I saw a guy setting up shop in the car park of Eurospar and the Hartstown House in Hartstown (behind the Topaz Petrol Station)

jeffk wrote: »
    I assume you mean Justins across from the youth service?
    Just in case the op isn't so sure or new to the area.

Yes they have a large sign up.
    Just back from getting a tree there.
    40 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

40 euros.

Ah right Justin normally has a sign in the garden/land beside the shop where the shed is/was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

40 euros.

What are their trees like Thaed?
    Last year we trekked out to a place on the way out towards Kilbride where they grow the trees, and picked the one we wanted. They cut it there and then so it was fresh, but I'm feeling lazyier this year so might stay more local!

They are from a family run tree farm in wicklow and I am absolute thrilled with the one we got with over all height and shape.

Going to have to lop about 2 inches of the top to get the star on it mind.

3081649195_03829ff418.jpg?v=0
    3082504352_ce1708ac68.jpg?v=0

It's not a half hour out of the netting so I expect the branches to lower over the course of the day and
    when the kids start loading it up with baubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Last year I got mine on the Porterstown Road, it's from a large house with a daughter and father running it. They had a signboard outside. They were very friendly and very reasonable last year and helped put it in the car. Will try them again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

mmmmmmmmmm the smell of fresh Christmas trees, getting ours on Sunday :D cant wait
    Going to see what Justin has and try out the Eurospar

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Cathooo wrote: »
    Last year I got mine on the Porterstown Road, it's from a large house with a daughter and father running it. They had a signboard outside. They were very friendly and very reasonable last year and helped put it in the car. Will try them again this year.
    Yep, passed by there today and there's loads of signposts. OOOhhh its getting really Christmassy now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yep, passed by there today and there's loads of signposts. OOOhhh its getting really Christmassy now.:)

Oh excellent! Might pop over on Sunday, very exciting :) Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Thanks for all the replies, I live around the corner from the Eurospar so I'll try that one first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Apparently My neighbour is selling them just down the road from me at Scribblestown House. Might wander down there and carry it back, save the earth from a little petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Clonee sawmills are sell tress for 40-45, pre-drilled and in the netting the stand are 10 euro

Tree's are for sale in the The Carpenter car park for 50-55 euro and stands are 15 euro.

Dunboyne hardware store is selling tress for around 35 euro no netting or pre drilled option

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

you could buy xmas tree in Justins on main street blanchardstown, its €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

you could buy xmas tree in Justins on main street blanchardstown, its €40

They wanted €50 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

They wanted €50 last year

what size the tree?

I got mine as in the picutred above 6ft tall tree in Justins.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I tried the guy in beside the eurospar but the trees didnt seem great so I got one in blanch shopping centre car park where lifestyle sports and harvey norman is, about 8 ft and for 40 euro.

Happy enough with it and the people selling them were quite helpful.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

deswalsh wrote: »
    Apparently My neighbour is selling them just down the road from me at Scribblestown House. Might wander down there and carry it back, save the earth from a little petrol!

Carrying it back from there won't be easy, they have some 'driveway'.

I bought a tree from there. I got a nice 7 footer for €30, which is very reasonable. The man there was also very helpful, bundled it up and secured my car boot to keep it in place. I'd definitely recommend taking a look, the trees are really nice and well priced. I used to get mine at Justins, but they were more expensive than the above even last year.

For anyone wondering, this place is just off the River Road. If you're driving down the Ashtown Rd, you cross the train track, past the Superquinn and go straight at the next junction (crossing the River Road). You'll see the signs from there.

If there's no sign of anyone just knock at the house the trees are outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I got ours from that place yesterday - Its lovely. And I echo that the chap was extreemly helpful. In fact he even was good enought to deliver it for me (it helped that I do know him lol).. . ....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

best place around here to get real tree is on Kellystown lane, just at the left turn where you turn for intel, place on the corner there selling them eur40..huge trees and very good quality, very thick..netted and drilled aswell..defo worth the visit..

Advertisement