Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feed a person for €10 a week

• 04-12-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

A recent thread in AH had someone asking how to live on 1.88 for 2 days. They got some great advice. With one or two people claiming to be able to feed a person for €10 a week. So in these recessionary times, how much do you think you could save on food without going hungry, skipping meals etc.

I am the worst shopper in the world. I tend to load up my trolly and even as I am unpacking it I'm thinking "don't need that" "don't remember getting that" etc. The amount of money wasted is criminal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I'm sure it's possible, but would be very difficult to do it for just 1 person.

ie You could feed a family of 5 for €50 by buying larger packs of things, 2-for-1 offers, 20kg bag of spuds,etc. Economies of scale would be important.

You also must factor in the cost of gas/esb,etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

wyndham wrote: »
    I'm sure it's possible, but would be very difficult to do it for just 1 person.

ie You could feed a family of 5 for €50 by buying larger packs of things, 2-for-1 offers, 20kg bag of spuds,etc. Economies of scale would be important.
    Never thought of that, there are only 2 of us. :)
    wyndham wrote: »
    You also must factor in the cost of gas/esb,etc
    Say just take into account the figure at the end of the till reciept to be 10 - 15 per person.

No meat. - I don't know if this would help or hinder the money saving.

Is it possible, how would you do it?

Advertisement