Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP NEEDED

• 04-12-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

Not sure if this is the right forum , so i might try two ;)

The question i have basically i have opened notepad and edited it ok and save it , now i have saved the file as GMAPSUPP.UNL , but when i check the properties of this file it sis showing up as a text document (.txt) i dont want the .txt here at all :( ,

please help.

Im using vista if that make much difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Odds are you just named the file but the actual file extension is still .txt.

If you go to control panel, then folder options then on the view tab.
    You will find an option to hide extensions for known file types.

Un-check that option.Youe text file will most likely look like this now "GMAPSUPP.UNL.txt". You should now be able to rename the text file and you will be asked are you sure you wish to change the file type. Say yes and it SHOULD be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Hi i had the same problem and its very easy to sort i felt stupid after about an hour trying to sort it,when you make the file name and select save as there should be 3 boxs on the bottom with file name,save as , in this box drop the menu down and select All files, and that should do it.
    Do you mind me asking what is the unl file?? is it for Garmin?if so i have loads of tips for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

arsebandit wrote: »
    Hi i had the same problem and its very easy to sort i felt stupid after about an hour trying to sort it,when you make the file name and select save as there should be 3 boxs on the bottom with file name,save as , in this box drop the menu down and select All files, and that should do it.
    Do you mind me asking what is the unl file?? is it for Garmin?if so i have loads of tips for ye.

Man that makes no sense at all. If your saving a file in notepad and you select all files that does nothing. That only applies when your trying to open a file. Then you would select all files so you can see all files instead of just text files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

arsebandit wrote: »

That's the nature of Notepad, the fix above is exactly what to do, otherwise Notepad will append .txt to all your files.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

cheers man , as i said i have been there done that .My fix IS what to do. this way it saves it as a .unl file as needed and not a txt file.
    Bandit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rename the file in the command prompt

or

change folder options by unticking the box that says hide extensions

Advertisement