Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bruce album in January!!!

Options
  • 04-12-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Can't wait, fingers crossed for another world tour!

www.brucespringsteen.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yep, can't wait myself. Heard about this a week and a half ago...
    You can see the video for My Lucky Day on youtube. It's a brill clip showing them getting ready for the recording...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

I am a big Springsteen fan but I think that because he is releasing this album so quickly after the last one, the two will always be compared. It will be hard for 'Working on a Dream' to live up to 'Radio Nowhere'. Also, is 'Working on a Dream' and album of second grade songs that didn't make it on to "Radio Nowhere'? The single isn't doing that well in the charts at the minute. Having said all that, I still like the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

CyberDave wrote: »
    I am a big Springsteen fan but I think that because he is releasing this album so quickly after the last one, the two will always be compared. It will be hard for 'Working on a Dream' to live up to 'Radio Nowhere'. Also, is 'Working on a Dream' and album of second grade songs that didn't make it on to "Radio Nowhere'? The single isn't doing that well in the charts at the minute. Having said all that, I still like the single.

To be honest, The Rising and Magic are pretty much indistinguishable in terms of production. Brendan O'Brien will no doubt have his stamp on the new one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well he said they wrote it while they were touring and recorded it during the tour breaks...That to me says that these songs aren't leftovers from Magic.
    Working On A Dream isn't my favourite song, but it still is really good. I think the whistle solo could have been replaced with a sax or something, it just doesn't climax when you expect it to. The Wrestler looks like it could be an Oscar winning song and My Lucky Day is just top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

mars bar wrote: »
    Well he said they wrote it while they were touring and recorded it during the tour breaks...That to me says that these songs aren't leftovers from Magic.

My point is Springsteen isn't normally this prolific. 'Working on a dream', the title song of the new album but isn't as good as 'Radio Nowhere' to me anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement