Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Josh Barnett Vs Gilbert Yvel

• 04-12-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

This fight has been added to Affliction's next card.

It's an odd one, Barnett and Fedor were "unwilling to fight" at this time according to interviews with Josh, so Fedor gets Arlovksi and Barnett gets another fight he will most likely win.

I like Yvel's style but i don't see him being able to add Barnetts name to his KO fist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I'll go out on a limb and predict an Yvel upset, ruining a possible Fedor Barnett showdown. (Should Fedor get past Arlovski of course).

Shaping p to be another good card from Affliction. Vitor Belfort on it as well. Looking forward to that!

Yvel doesnt have the physique or ground game to hang with barnett IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Will Yvel even get licenced? Last time he tried in the US he couldn't and I've read that he hasn't been licenced yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

If I had to pick a match with zero chance of drawing an audience, but still costing me a pretty penny, it would look very like this match. Neither is a draw, especially in the US, and Affliction arent marketing geniuses.

Dont get me wrong, I will still watch it (wont pay for it though), but from a buisiness point of view, Affliction is unlikely to be having a 3rd show imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

dunkamania wrote: »
    If I had to pick a match with zero chance of drawing an audience, but still costing me a pretty penny, it would look very like this match. Neither is a draw, especially in the US, and Affliction arent marketing geniuses.

Dont get me wrong, I will still watch it (wont pay for it though), but from a buisiness point of view, Affliction is unlikely to be having a 3rd show imo.

They don't need this to draw, they just need it to show Barnett stomping the crap out of someone so when they put him in with Fedor people won't go "who the **** is Josh Barnett".

That said, your are spot on, their marketing sucks balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Yvel by left high kick KO, 30 seconds into rd 1:)

Yvel bl left high kick KO, 30 seconds into rd 1:)
    It'll be a no contest as he'll KO the ref 1st!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Dragan wrote: »
    That said, your are spot on, their marketing sucks balls.

Something that made me laugh was that after all the talk of this show being a half boxing show, Golden Boy are putting a show on the very same night as the Affliction show (Mosley vs Margarito). I doubt that it will have much effect on the MMA show, but it gives you an idea of how seriously Golden Boy are taking Affliction

Advertisement