Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Edinburgh!!?

• 04-12-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Im looking for a really nice restaurant to bring my g/f soon...Anyone know of a few lovely places to eat and also good places for breakfast. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jackblack99

Karlrove wrote: »
    Im looking for a really nice restaurant to bring my g/f soon...Anyone know of a few lovely places to eat and also good places for breakfast. Thanks

Hey,
    I lived in Edinburgh for few years an regularly ate out with my g/f. Our favourite place was called est est est which got a name change to gustos. Its brilliant place and not over priced. pizzas are unreal:pac::pac::pac::D. its on georges st at the bottom close enough to tiger lilys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

if she's into veggie food David Bann is great. On St Mary's St in City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 130r

Izzi's on lothian do great tempura or shredded duck. Its a bit uncomfortable but the staff are really nice. The Outsider on George IV is a good bet for a proper evening meal; good romance; dark an atmospheric, great steak / lobster. Bit expensive. The tower restaurant in the Scottish museum is great: very high class but you need to go for the early bird set menu (£26 i think) or it gets really expensive. Do lunch there.

My two favorites are quite reasonable: the Napoletian on Dalry (La Parthanope I think) is a really extradinary family run place. It doesnt look much from the outside but my half lobster was superb (£17.50) and the people are really friendly and boisterous. The other is an indian just beyond haymarket on the right hand side as you head out the airport road.... the name escapes me but every time I fly in Im looking for excluses to stop :D Miss the place :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

edinburgh ? hmmm

Please find my itenary for Edinburgh 2009 trip that im organising for a few friends any myself.
    (if its a romantic weekend you may need to amend step one and get a more expensive hotel)

1) drop the gear off in a cheap hotel and shower
    2) find the rutland pub (top of rutland street luckily enough)
    3) stay there until have drank way too much
    4) go out the front door and head straight across the junction and take the 1st street and find restraunts
    5) repeat step 2 and 3 again
    6) go out the front door and take the main right turn and go down there and take the 1st or 2nd left
    7) find a chippie that serves like really long sausages in batter
    8) keep going straight up that road and take a left up a hill
    9) party down on the right til get kicked out
    10) try and find chippie again for pizza
    11) follow some poor schmuck to a place thats still opening and serving drink
    12) [hope the good lord sees his way to re-uniting you and your bed safely]

13) repeat from step 1

repeat as many times until either your plane ticket says its time to go home, or you cant read your plane ticket anymore(time to rest)

For breakfast Ive always liked Ricks on Hanover st. I recently had a very decent lunch at the Ruthland hotel. Used to be a bit of a dive but has had a revamp. On the strength of lunch breakfast should be good.

• Advertisement

Samhail: take a right out of ruthland up lothian road to izzi's for dinner then first left up bread st "through" pubic-triangle and "past" stip clubs to get to grassmarket. The Last drop pub's great. If things are getting really serious Finnegan's just around the corner is for proper solid drinking. Once banned from there its up the hill and around the corner and undergriound to to either Whistle Binkies (till 3am) or...dammit cant remember the name...theres one other 3am spot underground there. Just ask for the pub with the all night cinema. Which incedentally is a few doors up from the Honeycomb nightclub (techno, drum and bass etc) or across the road is Cabaret Vaultere (posher). Failing entry at that point its either the taxi rank at the top of the Royal Mile or 5 doors down the hill to the Rush bar for £1 a pint messiness in the rush bar. Ah Saturdays in Edinburgh:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Has to be witchery if you're with the OH. One of the best restaurants I was ever in.

http://www.thewitchery.com/

Never there, but the Witchery it is the highest rated in Edinburgh no doubt. Friends have rated it also.

Advertisement