Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Consultancy employment?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just looking for some advice if anyone would be interested? I'm qualified with a H2.2 in structural Engineering from CIT since May. Probably made a bad decision in going travelling for a few months when i finished as any jobs were gone when i came back. Came home in Sept and started with a small surveying company, badly paid. They went bust and went labouring for the past month. Now that jobs gone... Lost as to what i should do! I've done the new and existing dwellings course and am registered with SEI from Jan. I've also set up a website to hopefully get some advertising and get a few assessments. I am really looking to find employment in a small firm as i'd like to get a good mix of experience (site/planning/design) but where i really want to end up is in structural design. But there's NOTHING there at the moment. Was thinking of doing the non commercial BER as it might help me get employment??? Do you think this would be benificial to me? Haven't sent out any CV's since passing the BER courses. Waiting to get some business cards and website up and running before as i think it would look better. I think every consultancy in munster has a cv from me already so didn't want to be resending them until i'd some proper changes to it.

Advertisement