Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test in navan

Options
  • 04-12-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hello

My wife is going to do the test in navan on 18th... Any advice?

I did my test in Wicklow long time ago. the instructor gave me a paper with a 40 question ....

I wonder if I can find online version of those 40 questions?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Has she been getting lessons? That would be the first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

tba wrote: »
    Has she been getting lessons? That would be the first step.

She is driving for a while now... and she will do a pretest also

good stuff, I would recommend about fiveish pretest lessons though, they will run through all the things the tester will ask and pick up on any things she is doing wrong. You can do them in your own car if you want.

This might seen like a waste of money but they will tell you things about the test you may never have realised before.

I did the test twice and got a plethora of grade ones and fifteen grade twos on both occasions.

On the third time I got Proper Pretest lessons (8) and got three grade 2 faults (all of which I remember doing at the time and giving out to myself for).

As for the way they run the test now

Usual filling out of forms (insurance etc.)
    Oral questions on any aspect of the rules of the road, including sign identification.
    A manual car check for essential maintenance of the car.
    A practical test including, hand signals, reversing around corner, turnabout, hill starts.

They will mark you down for the smallest things, once again I will stress the importance of the pretest lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Thanks for ur advice

Do u recommend any driving school for pretest in navan?

Regards

tba wrote: »
    good stuff, I would recommend about fiveish pretest lessons though, they will run through all the things the tester will ask and pick up on any things she is doing wrong. You can do them in your own car if you want.

This might seen like a waste of money but they will tell you things about the test you may never have realised before.

I did the test twice and got a plethora of grade ones and fifteen grade twos on both occasions.

On the third time I got Proper Pretest lessons (8) and got three grade 2 faults (all of which I remember doing at the time and giving out to myself for).

As for the way they run the test now

Usual filling out of forms (insurance etc.)
    Oral questions on any aspect of the rules of the road, including sign identification.
    A manual car check for essential maintenance of the car.
    A practical test including, hand signals, reversing around corner, turnabout, hill starts.

They will mark you down for the smallest things, once again I will stress the importance of the pretest lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Forget about those silly "pre-tests" and get proper driving lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

mmalaka wrote: »

I wonder if I can find online version of those 40 questions?

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/questions.html

Hope that helps! FWIW I passed my test in Navan 5 years ago, took lessons with the <SNIP> School and found them very good.

Forget about those silly "pre-tests" and get proper driving lessons.
    I dunno, she has been driving a while, and if a test is imminent then a full course of driving lessons may be a bit unnecessary.

Advertisement