Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

how do i

• 04-12-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

transfer cds to mp3 i have tried but the files are wrong, do i need a decoder, the easyest and simplest way please, as i am technically inept, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

use itunes, it makes it very simple to create mp3s

www.itunes.com

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You could try uploading the cds onto windows media first (if you have it ) then maybe try re route them into mp3 files although havent done so myself. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Use a decoder. I find Jetaudio to be quite good - like iTunes it has a feature which will name all the songs, do the album name etc for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

latchyco wrote: »
    You could try uploading the cds onto windows media first (if you have it ) then maybe try re route them into mp3 files although havent done so myself. .

this is why i recommended itunes. it does everything for you. WMP is a disaster as it rips them in as .wma, mp3 is much more flexible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

big_moe wrote: »
    this is why i recommended itunes. it does everything for you. WMP is a disaster as it rips them in as .wma, mp3 is much more flexible

I agree. ITunes is very simple.

You will have to specify Mp3 as the ripping encoder though, as aac is the default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

If you are planning on ripping a large volume of CD's to hardisk, you may want to consider ripping to a lossless format first, and then to MP3. That way you will have a backup master copy in lossless (CD Quality) and can then rip to various other formats from that as needed e.g. MP3.

As mentioned you can use iTunes and you can also use Windows Media Player, need to set it to rip MP3 as with iTunes.

I used to use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip to Lossless or MP3 but it is a bit of work to set-up.

I have since started using dBPoweramp, and love it, although you have to pay for it, but it does everything you need. Rip to various formats, updates metadata, and allows batch conversion between formats e.g. lossless to MP3.

Advertisement