Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackers - dont count your chickens

Options
  • 04-12-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

A big story in the UK is the fact that many lenders had sneakily inserted floor clauses into the fine print of their Tracker mortgages.
    As a result many Tracker holders in the UK will see NO BENEFIT whatsoever accruing from the cut announced today as they've already hit the floor.
    I wonder if the same applies to Trackers over here, will be reading my fine print this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

pgroarke wrote: »
    A big story in the UK is the fact that many lenders had sneakily inserted floor clauses into the fine print of their Tracker mortgages.
    As a result many Tracker holders in the UK will see NO BENEFIT whatsoever accruing from the cut announced today as they've already hit the floor.
    I wonder if the same applies to Trackers over here, will be reading my fine print this evening.

Wasn't aware of that !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

pgroarke wrote: »

I am sure that if it's true in the UK, it's true here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Hellm0 wrote: »
    I am sure that if it's true in the UK, it's true here.

It is and if people are not aware of it, it is because of their, and their solicitors' ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

It is and if people are not aware of it, it is because of their, and their solicitors' ignorance.
    Let me register myself here as one of the unenlightened then! :D

Whats the story with this as regards the LTV mortgage product from NIB?

Has been ok up until the last 0.5% reduction as got confirmation in post from NIB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pgroarke

Have just gone through my mortgage contract with a fine-toothed comb and there is NO floor limit in it.

For those that may be on a similar product it is the AIB tracker with low LTV.
    (I think 40%)
    AIB were advertising them in the first half of '08 before withdrawing them in June.
    Its margin is 0.6% above the ECB rate.

Long may the cutting continue...

• Advertisement
Advertisement