Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT

Options
  • 04-12-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭

Do cars that have been build in 2005 have to get th above done or is it cars more then 4 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

First NCT is due exactly 4 years after the date of registration of the car. This date can be found on the VLC

So for an '05 car this is sometime in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2005 cars will require their first NCT from January onwards but afaik you can get the car NCT 6 months in advance of it's first NCT due date. Any subsequent NCTs after that can be done 3 months prior to it's due date.

So it depends on what date the car was first registered in 2005. For example If the original registration date was 1 Feb 2005 then the NCT is due on 1 Feb 2009 but you could get it NCT'd from July 2008 afaik and the NCT will be valid for 2.5 years.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think its 3 months in advance, not 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kbannon wrote: »

If the NCT website is to be believed the first NCT (when the car is 4 years old) can be done 6 months prior to it being due. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th NCT, etc, can be done 3 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

kbannon wrote: »

Six for 1st test then three months after. My car has just failed (2005):mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    If the NCT website is to be believed the first NCT (when the car is 4 years old) can be done 6 months prior to it being due. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th NCT, etc, can be done 3 months in advance.

Didn't know that about the first NCT. Thanks for sharing. Not that I'll ever own a car as young as that again though :D
    Scottie99 wrote: »
    Six for 1st test then three months after. My car has just failed (2005):mad:

Slightly off topic but a 3.5 year old car failed? On what? Must be tyres, lights or something like that surely?

Advertisement