Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a part-time job suffice for a Loan in this Market?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I apllied for a thousand-euro loan last week & was rejected. I have a house that I'm about to rent out that will bring in €17,000 over the next year. I also have €38,000 in Share Combination Bond which will mature next September. If I said that I was in employment, even if it was part-time do you think that would make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Glacier wrote: »
    I apllied for a thousand-euro loan last week & was rejected. I have a house that I'm about to rent out that will bring in €17,000 over the next year. I also have €38,000 in Share Combination Bond which will mature next September. If I said that I was in employment, even if it was part-time do you think that would make a difference?

Its about capacity to repay. If you have enough coming in to cover whats going out inc your new loan repayments then you should get the loan.

Also, previous track record etc etc to be taken into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If I said that I was in employment, even if it was part-time do you think that would make a difference?

They would want to see the earnings mandated to your account, or if you said it was being paid to another bank then they would want to see the bank statements showing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Glacier, I'm not going to answer your question here as I don't know the answer.

However, having read through some of your threads and question, can I recommend that you get out into the real world and look for answers there.

you're not going to get the real world experience you seem to be looking for by the answers or comments people provide on boards.

I understand that you have some unfortunate situations that befell you but, you won't get the answers you need here, and I'm not necessarily talking about the answers to whether you can get a loan or not.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 paulgreene

real estate will continue to go down, you will have more asset, and rates should go down as well

Advertisement