Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Euro O2 Shop Voucher

• 04-12-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

My dad gave me a 50 euro voucher for the O2 Shop. It says that it can be used on handsets so Im going to get a new phone. Because he got the voucher from 02 it has his number on it and says to just show the phone/sim card in store.

Now my dad is on bill pay and im on pre-pay so would I be able to get the phone on the bill pay price? The phone I'm looking at is 149 on pre-pay and 49 on bill pay so if I get the bill pay its virtually free.

If I get a bill pay phone will it be compatible with a pre pay sim card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Your Dad can get a bill pay phone, if he is entitled to an upgrade. You can't, as this involves signing a contact for a further year. This phone will work with O2 PAYG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Yeah, so if we go in and he just shows his phone we will get the phone still in the box and I can just put my sim card in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

no...

look, if your dad is eligible for a bill pay upgrade, he goes into to the shop. you can be there. but HE is the one who will be registered for the phone. AND he'll have to sign a new contract.
    but yes. if he can get an upgrade and does you can use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

metalfest wrote: »
    no...

look, if your dad is eligible for a bill pay upgrade, he goes into to the shop. you can be there. but HE is the one who will be registered for the phone. AND he'll have to sign a new contract.
    but yes. if he can get an upgrade and does you can use it

sorry, dont know much about phones but what do you mean by registered?

ok...

your dad is on bill pay.
    to be on bill pay you must sign a contract.
    a contract is usually 12 or 18 months.
    you may only buy a phone on bill pay when your contract is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

as far as o2 is concerned the phone is his because it's serial number will be on his account. Won't make any difference really

Same Vimes, he's wondering can he get a bill pay upgrade, he just doesn't understand the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

metalfest wrote: »
    Same Vimes, he's wondering can he get a bill pay upgrade, he just doesn't understand the system

i know, i was answering his question about what was meant by registered

oh right, sorry :)

Advertisement