Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tales of Beedle The Bard

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Anyone get this today?

As a recent convert to the harry potter series (i finished the deathly hallows on tuesday after reading all 7 books in the past month) I have to say i think it's great. Have read it on the way to work and i'll read it again this evening.

Also, if you can get to waterstones, it's half price there. I got it for €4.75. Result!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was looking at getting it, but cant be bothered. I'll go by internet speculation about the whole series I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Half price in Eason's too...with a free Garth Nix book, which will do nicely as a Christmas present for my little brother:D

What does everyone think?

I like it! It's a cute little companion to the series... I love the little details, like the fact that it was translated from the 'original runes' by Hermione, and the notes by Dumbledore.

How angry was I listening to the entertainment update on Michael Cahill's show on 2fm yesterday though?! The American who does it...Michelle,I think...said that it wasn't on sale for another week at least(um,I'd bought it the day before) and then she intimated that JK was 'adding to her millions'...........
    The profits go straight to a charity which she helped found!!
    I mean, get your facts right.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mushy wrote: »
    Was looking at getting it, but cant be bothered. I'll go by internet speculation about the whole series I think.

The book's for charity and it's 1/2 price at most bookshops. Surely it's worth the bother.

I hope some people texted in to that 2FM show and made sure they got their facts straight. I picked up the book this past weekend but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JJ wrote: »
    The book's for charity and it's 1/2 price at most bookshops. Surely it's worth the bother.

I hope some people texted in to that 2FM show and made sure they got their facts straight. I picked up the book this past weekend but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Ah right, didn't know that. Was too engrossed in reading about Muse and Russia in the war to pay too much notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

I shelled out for the Collectors Edition from Amazon, and I really must say, it was completely worth it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I've just seen that they're sold out on UK and on some of the other Amazon sites too, so I'm glad I ordered it when I did.

The outer "fake" book looks really well, like it could have come straight off a hogwarts shelf. The inner book has a heavy and substantial feeling, is leather bound with metal details and a metal clasp (similar to the original hand written seven). I haven't had a chance to sit and read it yet, and the grown up in me wants to go and buy a standard copy so that I can save the collectors edition in perfect condition, but the child in me wants to be reading something that looks like a giant magic book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I enjoyed it, was short and sweet and was nice reading something from Dumbledore again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Blue-Eyed

I just got this for my birthday and I'm looking forward to reading it :) I'll probably read it when I finish re-reading the Deathly Hallows. :D

-Blue- :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

My favourite is The Warlock's Hairy Heart. Twas nice to read some fresh Rowling.

Advertisement