Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coolant

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi there i was wondering how much it would be do get my cooling system drained flushed and new coolant put in? I had coolent but then forgot what brand it was i put in all i know was it was blue antifreeze. Got water in there at the moment should this be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

WHat car ??
    water will not do any immediate damage. Or longterma damage really - its jsut better to use coolant. do you have the dilute stuff or the concentrate stuff? would will need 6L + i think depending on the car. i would recommend you also use distilled water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

Na its the stuff you need to add water to i was thinking of just getting the garage to flush it and refill it with that cheap halfords already diluted stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do you mean just water in there or you just added water?

I added water it was clear tho looked like there was no blue left in it

• Advertisement

Dangerous in this cold weather. Get it done quick or you could be in trouble.

I was going to get it done tomorrow it should be ok tonight as the temp wont fall below 3c here cos the rain but how much would a coolant flush and refill be at a garage including labour?

Dont know but nothing major, half hour labour I guess plus cost of new coolant

Hmmmm ill walk round there at 6 see if they could do it tonight if it dont take long. Is that halfords stuff thats already diluted any good? or just let the garage do there job?

They charge like 26 euro for 4 l of coolant

• Advertisement
Advertisement