Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for an off licence?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a recommendation for a good off licence in terms of breadth of more obscure/unusual beers/spirits?.

I don't need to buy a dozen dutch gold as cheap as possible :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Redmonds in Ranelagh is the best offie I have visted in Dublin. Big range of beers. Bit expensive, but the choice more than makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

IronMan wrote: »
    Redmonds in Ranelagh is the best offie I have visted in Dublin. Big range of beers. Bit expensive, but the choice more than makes up for it.

Cheers... I might try it out over the weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Slainte in Stillorgan, the guy has a great range in there, can get stuff in for you too at good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Deveney's Off Licence in Rathmines opposite Tescos. Fine selection of wines and imported beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Deveney's also has an amazing €1 fridge where all bottles are €1. It's like going into Narnia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I work in O'Briens and I still say Deveney's.

It's amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Slainte in Stillorgan, the guy has a great range in there, can get stuff in for you too at good prices

If that's the place that used to be called the beer and wine warehouse then I second this!

Remember going in when I lived in Stillorgan and the service was great, as was the range. I've never seen a lot of the stuff I bought in there anywhere else.

Cactus Lime cider. Nyom nyom nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Tesco in Stillorgan SC usually has a reasonable selection as well; I've gotten a few Czech beers there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Jack Carvill's on Camden Street usually has a great selection, got some unsusal ciders there recently and the bf was v.impressed with the beer selection, and he's usually a bit of a beer snob! I even saw some 'Duff' beer the last time I was in, didn't know it exsisted in real life!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Attol wrote: »
    If that's the place that used to be called the beer and wine warehouse then I second this!

Remember going in when I lived in Stillorgan and the service was great, as was the range. I've never seen a lot of the stuff I bought in there anywhere else.

Cactus Lime cider. Nyom nyom nyom!

tis the very same place... everyone i know goes there now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

The one in Nutgrove SC. Last time I was there, they had a pretty interesting selection. I'm not sure what they have at the moment tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The one in Nutgrove SC. Last time I was there, they had a pretty interesting selection. I'm not sure what they have at the moment tho.

Molloys. It's not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DJOK

Any tesco is always good, the only place i've seen "duff" beer is in Londis in Monkstown Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I tried Duff for the novelty - it's piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

IronMan wrote: »

Yep,
    Best in Dublin, by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My mum knows the owners of Redmonds and dragged me in there last year telling then not to serve me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

eoin wrote: »

yeah same here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

eoin wrote: »

You must have picked up a bottle of Düff, by accident, easy mistake to make. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Molloys tallaght village have a broad range of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dartsboy wrote: »
    i found fine wines on washington street in cork to be really good value

:rolleyes:
    Thats not South Dublin though is it.
    nor is it a year and a half in the past

• Advertisement

dartsboy wrote: »
    i found fine wines on washington street in cork to be really good value

ffs do you own the place or what

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=12267113

all of your posts are about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

:rolleyes:
    Thats not South Dublin though is it.
    nor is it a year and a half in the past
    Perhaps he means the Fine Wines in Rialto on the SCR?! :D My sister lives beside it.

Advertisement