Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finest Call Cocktail Mixers

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks these mixers and at what price? I picked some up before in Molloys in Nutgrove but it was €6 for a 1L bottle. I heard from a bar manager that that price is extortionate, apparently they can buy a case of the stuff for less than €6.

Searching through boards someone else recommended Celtic Whiskey Shop and Dunnes, however they didn't have any earlier this week.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Dunno what bar man you were talking to but he is off his rocker. €6 is pretty much the best price you are going to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Molloys still stock it - got a few bottles yesterday for €5.99 each, still haven't found any elsewhere.

Re the bar manager - he seemed pretty genuine, the bar in question is a large popular city centre bar. He told me at a cocktail class they had organised after I asked him where he would recommend sourcing it, he even gave me a bottle of it. This particular bar uses it in a lot of their cocktails so they probably use huge volumes of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andrew.donohoe

Does anyone know where I can find the Finest Call Margarita mix? Can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 inz

Drinkstore.ie seems to stock them. They're 9.50€ there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Blend the contents of a tin of strawberries or whatever and you've got the equivelent of their purees, or if youd rather just muddle the tinned fruit and use the syrup in the can thats up to you. Mix 50% water with 50% fine sugar and some lemon and lime to taste and you've got sour mix. If you want to make cocktails at home just look up the recipes for these things, they are only a little more effort and the drinks will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Unless you are doing a huge batch of drinks, mixes are somewhat blasphemous.

Advertisement