Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3yr car warranty

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi my honda civic is due its first service in january
    do i have to get it done by honda main dealer to keep my 3yr warranty.
    would much prefer to get it done by local mechanic who ive been using for years ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You dont have to use the dealer.
    What you must do is use genuine parts or parts of equal quality and get a registered garage to do the work.
    I would then keep all materials receipts stapled into the service book together with garage receipt for the work and garage stamp. This shows you have an interest in the car and I would prefer this to dealer stamps without receipt if I was buying your car in the future.
    It might be an idea to buy the filters etc at the dealer so they can have no complaints about the materials used should a warranty issue crop up.
    Sometimes the dealers will carry out repairs after warranty if you dealt with them all along. I cant see them doing this if you serviced it elsewhere. You will have saved a grand or so anyway at this stage so you still win.

Advertisement