Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1 for gravy in Shelbourne Park

Options
  • 04-12-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

was in shelbourne Park last night
    Bought sausages & chips,asked for a scoop of gravy on the chips and was charged €1 at the till
    Greedy & disgraceful!....was sickened

PS Chips & sausage was good value @ €4 to be fair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Yet you still paid it and ate the food? Obviously not that sickening so.

The 1 euro will still be changed if fools continue to pay it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

[ot]The only part of your post I dont understand is gravy on chips. Uuuuuggghh[/ot]:)

Did you mention how you felt about the price at the till?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

So, you had a meal for €4.00 and asked for extra. Why would you not think you'd have to pay for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

If you went to a carvery on a Sunday do you expect to pay more for the gravy?

If this is how you expect to pay for a meal you will end up being charged for every potato on your plate and every slice of Turkey individually. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Yet you still paid it and ate the food? Obviously not that sickening so.

The 1 euro will still be changed if fools continue to pay it.
    +1

• Advertisement

If you went to a carvery on a Sunday do you expect to pay more for the gravy?

If this is how you expect to pay for a meal you will end up being charged for every potato on your plate and every slice of Turkey individually. Crazy!

Ah, Pablo. You are not comparing like with like. Roast turkey €12.95 comes with gravy as standard. Sausage and chips €4.00 does not. You might expect to get ketchup, though.

The dog track is not a Sunday lunch carvery - at least, not where I come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

nipplenuts wrote: »
    So, you had a meal for €4.00 and asked for extra. Why would you not think you'd have to pay for it?

Has sossies and chips in Harolds Cross stadium a few weeks ago asked for gravy and wasn't charged extra. I always reckoned that the people who went to Shelbourne to the dogs always had more money and could well afford an extra euro for gravy:D

josh59 wrote: »
    Has sossies and chips in Harolds Cross stadium a few weeks ago asked for gravy and wasn't charged extra. :D

You were probably polite and friendly. The girl might have thought you are hot too.

You were probably polite and friendly. The girl might have thought you are hot too.

Indeed I am always polite and friendly - dont know about being hot though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Went out to watch a few bands on a sunday a few weeks back, Was driving so I had a rock shandy :mad: e5.20 . ripped off or what. Next drink was a smithwicks shandy :)e4.20. WHATS GOING ON !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Bought sausages & chips,asked for a scoop of gravy on the chips and was charged €1 at the till

People missing the obvious here,,,what were you doing eating sausages?

Went out to watch a few bands on a sunday a few weeks back, Was driving so I had a rock shandy :mad: e5.20 . ripped off or what. Next drink was a smithwicks shandy :)e4.20. WHATS GOING ON !

A publican told me once that they'd be much happier selling nothing but soft drinks - given the amount of freebies they got from the suppliers, the higher markup etc etc - now don't get me started on the price of bottled water:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ah, Pablo. You are not comparing like with like. Roast turkey €12.95 comes with gravy as standard. Sausage and chips €4.00 does not. You might expect to get ketchup, though.
    I would expect to have to pay for ketchup too. €1 is a bit much mind, maybe 50cent for gravy, depending how much. A curry sauce is €1.50-2 in most chinese places.
    kinetic wrote: »
    People missing the obvious here,,,what were you doing eating sausages?
    Probably no meat in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Prices in Shelbourne Park have gone to the dogs in my opinion.

Prices in Shelbourne Park have gone to the dogs in my opinion.

Woof Woof

Advertisement