Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl Parties!

• 04-12-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

What venues do a superbowl night? and which is the best bash to attend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Went to the Woolshed on Parnell St last Feb. Unbelievable atmosphere and a massive crowd. They stayed open till the final whistle too which was class. Fries and HotDogs available all night. Pitchers of Beer were a nice touch too. All in all i cannot recommend it enough and i can't wait till next Feb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

New licensing laws mean most places have to shut at 1:30am on sunday which will **** with alot of plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

Boo hiss, I guess house parties are the way forward then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think they'll be allowed stay open but not serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey,

I always go to Captain America's. Didn't think about the impact of the new licensing laws though. Hope it doesn't jepordise it. Same scene as Woolshed though you need to really book CA plus there's a cover charge. I think Renards had a SB party last year too. My beloved Pats (still suffering the trauma of last year's SB) somehow didn't make the Playoffs (lucky for the other teams that did!) so won't be at a SB party to cheer on my guys but hey I'm up for a party anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

New licensing laws mean most places have to shut at 1:30am on sunday which will **** with alot of plans.

FFS!!!:mad: What a pile of toss!!

I was at McSorley's in Ranelagh last year and it was great crack. Stayed open till the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yeah, lot of problems for teams trying to organise stuff. will fill in people here as we find out what people are up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

me and all my friends are hoping to go to the Woolshed.....really hope this whole licensing shenanigan stuff doesn't stop them from at least showing the game....im pretty sure most ppl wont care if they stop serving.....they could always do a good old fashioned lock-in.......

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey, I'm not 100% on the new licensing laws but would somewhere like Captain Americas (a restaurant) be affected? As a restaurant, can they not stay open until whenever? Maybe not, I'm not sure. I think now 'cause I'm in my 30s I haven't investigated this law properly. If it was 10 years ago and I was an out-all-night-every-night student, I'm sure I'd make sure I knew all about this law and how to appeal it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Will be the Woolshed for me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not 100% on the new licensing laws but would somewhere like Captain Americas (a restaurant) be affected? As a restaurant, can they not stay open until whenever? Maybe not, I'm not sure. I think now 'cause I'm in my 30s I haven't investigated this law properly. If it was 10 years ago and I was an out-all-night-every-night student, I'm sure I'd make sure I knew all about this law and how to appeal it ;)

I dont think they can stay open whenever they like. But even if they could they wouldnt, these places make money from people buying drinks they wont keep there premises open for an extra two hours to loss alot of money.

Has anyone heard what the story will be with the new licensing laws and the Superbowl will be?
    Planning on going to the Woolshed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Why not call them?

davyjose wrote: »
    Why not call them?

I will closer to the time.
    Just thought I'd use this discussion forum to see if anyone else had done so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Frisbee wrote: »
    I will closer to the time.
    Just thought I'd use this discussion forum to see if anyone else had done so :)

Woolshed are advertising it. They have locked people in the last 3 years.

Advertisement