Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5310 phone freezing

• 04-12-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I bought a nokia 5310 phone at the end of september.it was fine for the first week or so then it started to freeze. when it freezes it could be like that for ten or fifteen minutes..... It used to be once a week or that but its happened the last 2 days! :eek: anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

yep I am with meteor, are you?
    when i turn my phone off and back on again it takes about 15/20 min to work again as well:(
    I went back to the shop where I got it and the man said it was nokia's fault not his so to contact them....:confused: which doesnt really sound right but anyway I've sent nokia an email to their customer support earlier ill let you know if I hear back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Sorry to bump and old thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

I'm having the exact same problem. I think its because I'm storing too many messages on the phone.

Which wouldn't be a problem, only the phone freezes when you try and delete messages.

Its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

**** phone. hopefully gettin rid of it at the weekend. always freezin on me.
    thats a load of bull bout the shop keeper sayin its nothin to do with him,he sold you a faulty product,go in and kick up a fuss!
    might get the new lg touchscreen on meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Jeebus wrote: »
    Sorry to bump and old thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

I'm having the exact same problem. I think its because I'm storing too many messages on the phone.

Which wouldn't be a problem, only the phone freezes when you try and delete messages.

Its a joke.

Was I talking to you yesterday?If not,this is exactly what the problem is.

Backup your vital statistics, go to settings and do a factory restore/reset. This will bring the phone back to the way it left the factory so make sure you have any vital information backed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Backup your vital statistics, go to settings and do a factory restore/reset. This will bring the phone back to the way it left the factory so make sure you have any vital information backed up.

+1

Keep your phone tidy and it'll usually behave itself....5310 is no exception..

Kickin up a fuss in a phone store cause you've over loaded the phones internal memory with your free texts is not a good idea;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cyberbear

i had a friend and that was happening to him i dont know what network he is with but it was happening! also i got that phone from a friend he said it ws broken! it was not the same problem but it ws simmilar! when u shake it or press the keys it just froze or went all dim! i took the phone apart blew on all the connections put it back together and it works fine! so i dont know! i think the phone is just bery faulty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moumnwltr

sorry for bumping this

but i just had a problem with my phone and i wondering if anyone could help me. when i start up my phone it has the tmobile animation appear and my personalized message, but after that it goes to a white screen and just fades away to black.. anyone know whats wrong with it and how to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

moumnwltr wrote: »
    sorry for bumping this

but i just had a problem with my phone and i wondering if anyone could help me. when i start up my phone it has the tmobile animation appear and my personalized message, but after that it goes to a white screen and just fades away to black.. anyone know whats wrong with it and how to fix it?

Did you get the phone of ebay or the likes? Im presuming it has working at some stage. Does the screen switch off, or the light just goes off? If you press any of the buttons will the screen light up? You should get the phone software re-flashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

+1 get it reflashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moumnwltr

yea my dad got it off ebay. how'd you figure that out?
    anyways the screen just goes white and the date is shown on the upper right, but the screen fades, the light turns off and then the screen turns off. then turns on again to the white screen with the date and fades and turns off. its like it wants to go on, but doesnt and just turns off completely.. i have no idea whats going on....

but what is flash? and how do i do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Try starting it up without the memory card in it. Failing that, the below link is a nokia service point locator. Just select your county and tick the Nokia care box to the right and do a search. It'll give you a map and show you where the service centres are. These guys will flash(reload the software) the phone for you and get it going again. Think it should be covered by the european warranty, but best to ask before hand.

http://www.nokia.ie/A41435077

Advertisement