Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which g36?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

i want a g36 and im either thinking of getting the ASG one or the JG one.

so come on give me the pro and cons of each

looking for some advice on which to get any help appreciated!

Which G36 1 vote

ASG
    0%
    Jing Jong
    100%
    GavRedKing 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No need for pros/cons.

Get the JG one.

Best G36 by a bit I'd say.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's not even a competition. The JG is probably the best G36 on the market, including high ends. I'd take a JG G36 over any other brand. Apart from value for money, it has one of the best builds and gearboxes available too. A Classic Army G36c, for example, is a little more than twice as expensive as it's JG counterpart but I don't know a sane person in this world who'd take the CA over it on any category (build, quality, reliability etc).

Simple answer. Get a JG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

thansk for that lads i was lean more towards the JG anyway, i just wanted to check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Get a JG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

JG g36.
    The ak of airsoft guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's not even a competition. The JG is probably the best G36 on the market, including high ends. I'd take a JG G36 over any other brand. Apart from value for money, it has one of the best builds and gearboxes available too. A Classic Army G36c, for example, is a little more than twice as expensive as it's JG counterpart but I don't know a sane person in this world who'd take the CA over it on any category (build, quality, reliability etc).

Simple answer. Get a JG.

KWA???

JG's G36 is still better than KWA's and is €100 cheaper to boot. KWA claim their G36's are LiPo ready but the majority of them are not. They do make a LiPo ready version but it's rare and a good bit more expensive. Trust me, don't run a LiPo in a stock KWA unless you like the sound of a chewed up gearbox and the smell of burned contacts.

KWA don`t actually claim their g36`s are lipo ready just their m4`s. The gearbox internals are basicly the same as the lipo ready m4`s. It`s not rare to get a good one although there have been some substandard ones imported but thats more likely to do with whoever is downgrading the fps, (they fire 400fps stock). I`ve put the guts of 50,000 through my one with a lipo, changed the spring last month and the gearbox is as good as new. For an extra 100 euro its money well spent and still cheaper than the C.A.

I'm not disputing that they're good. Far from, I was rather impressed with them but I've seen a lot of them chew themselves. Their plastics are a tad thicker, which I like but internally they're about the same as the JG. And with a couple of minor upgrades like a silicon hop rubber and a mosfet, they'll outrun the KWA without any issue. Personally, if I had the €260 or so cost of the KWA, I'd buy the JG and use the €100 saved to get a Guarder high speed motor, tightbore barrel, silicon hop and MOSFET. That combo would outgun just about any rifle you'll meet on a skirmish field and still leave you with change for a Toffee Nut Mocha with cream in Starbucks.

True, with the upgrades its a fine gun, still can`t see it out running the KWA what with it being a ruddy Kango bb hose and all that!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i thaught the asg g36 was a rebrand of jg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

maldondo wrote: »
    KWA???

the KWA one is a bit out of my price range to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I bought a CA G36C as my 2nd ever AEG about 4 years ago!
    It has never given me any problems at all.
    I used as my main AEG for nearly 2 years without problems.
    I sold it to a good friend of mine who is still using it as his main weapon and it is still not giving any problems.
    Well worth every penny.

But if you are on a budget then go for the JG!
    Decent quality and performance, but they all need to be downgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That was 4 years ago when CA were at the top of their game, anything CA made in the last year is just muck internally. JG is far better than CA now. I don't know how my CA AUG A1 and G36K that I got a year ago are still going.

Not true at all!!

The only problems with CA are with there cheaper Sportsline range!

Correct. CA went to hell in a handbasket for reasons only known to them. Their QA got sloppy and their general materials choices became dreadful. Their prices and wonderful advertising machine however, still kept going apace. These days, CA is synonymous with poor quality finishes and self destructing gearboxes.

That said, I have a couple of CA G36's from back when they were good and I'd still rate the JG gearbox over the CA one. The finish on the CA however was better than the JG. But then, I did pay three times the price and had to put upgrades in it. If you've bought anything by CA in the last 18 months and it's still working with regular use in stock condition, consider it a miracle.
    Their one redeeming feature was that they do good bodies, but lately even that's been slipping. Their plastics have gotten cheaper, and thinner. Metals have gotten weaker and show horrific mould lines etc.

If you're going to go high end, go with a decent brand like VFC, G&G, Star, TM etc.
    If you're going to midrange, go with JG or KWA.
    If you're on a budget, go with DBoys or Kalash.
    If you're going to the skip, bring a CA....

...and that's coming from multiple CA owner

Well I can't comment on new generation CA aeg's!
    If they have gone downhill then I think that is a loss to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'd buy the JG and use the €100 saved to get a Guarder high speed motor, tightbore barrel, silicon hop and MOSFET.

You won't get all that for €100.

Motor

Barrel

Silicone Bucking

MOSFET

Total = $133.97/ €105.36 EXCLUDING postage and VAT.

You can build a MOSFET for next to nothing. The actual transistor itself is less than a euro. Throw in some decent grade 16awg cable and you're up to about four euro.

The barrel you linked too is probably one of the most expensive you can get in that size. What's the matter with a KM tightbore that runs for about $30-35 each? Or a Guarder one that averages around $25-30.

The motor is the most expensive part, but then isn't that why a BMW M3 is more expensive than a BMW 318? It's a better motor (for the pedantic, I know it's an engine in the car, not a motor. Jeez, you people).

The mosfet you pick up in an electronics store here, the rest you can order online. A lightweight barrel, a small motor and a rubber hop aren't going to come to a lot in shipping really are they?

It's possible to get what I said for €100 quite easily, it's just a matter of shopping around. No need to be negative about it.

Links?

• Advertisement

To which? I'm writing this on an iPhone so I can't make direct links, but, I not only priced, but bought all of those items (obviously bar the MOSFETs) on http://www.ehobbyasia.com at one stage or another. Given the last time I got a package of parts it was a motor, tightbore, two packs of XTM rail panels and a set of bearings (so heavier than the intended package above) shipped by courier overnight and given it only cost me €15 for that delivery charge, I doubt the week-long post could be much more expensive.

There's a little thing called "shopping around", everything can be found cheaper somewhere if you're willing to actually look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

daz801 wrote: »
    i thaught the asg g36 was a rebrand of jg

It is. ASG package the item under their name.
    Absolutely no difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you'd defo get that upgrade package for less than 100euro, infact you'd probably get a few more bits and pieces too.,

proove it with direct links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

as said before, JG and ASG are both the very same AEG

Tigger wrote: »

Thats far more expensive than the place I linked :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Thats far more expensive than the place I linked :P.

you have to take shipping and taxes into account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

You won't get all that for €100.

Motor

Barrel

Silicone Bucking

MOSFET

Total = $133.97/ €105.36 EXCLUDING postage and VAT.

doesnt need the motor / fits 9.6 mini no bother and it has a tight bore barrel stock

great gun

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

proove it with direct links.

Who exactly would I need to "proove" it to? Your the only one questioning it.
    I've done these specific upgrades on my own G36 and it didnt cost that much, That's proof enough for me.,

As regards the original topic,
    Id personally recommend the JG G36, you can get a choice of 3-4 different variants and its fair bit cheaper than the others. you'll also have a few quid left over to do a few mods that will really improve the performance of it.

The CA one, i would avoid like the plague, My CA SL8 shared the same internals as the G36 and id steer well clear of them.

The KWA is a decent gun but not to the point where it justify's the extra money it costs, The Whole lipo thing too, is a sales tactic some use flog it but infact, its not actually "lipo ready".,

If your buying an ASG one, which is a JG as some said, be careful to get the right one since theres 3 different brand G36's from ASG as far as i know and the JG one is probably the only decent one.,

As with all the above guns, you'll play with it for a while and then wonder what you can do with it to get some more performance from it, its fir this reason i would buy the JG. after buying the gun and all the upgrades you'll have spent about the same as a bog standard KWA with nothing done to it.,

Advertisement