Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which g36?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kalkor wrote: »
    doesnt need the motor / fits 9.6 mini no bother and it has a tight bore barrel stock

great gun

i agree all it needs is that hop up and a 9.6v battery

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Tigger wrote: »
    you have to take shipping and taxes into account

Free shipping and your not gonna get taxed for a hop rubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Free shipping and your not gonna get taxed for a hop rubber.

no free shipping from that link (well us only free shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Tigger wrote: »
    i agree all it needs is that hop up and a 9.6v battery

I have a JG G36c and I agree that a 9.6v firefox mini battery + Guarder hop-up rubber is all you need.
    The new motor, barrel and MOSFET are overkill in this gun and will cost more than they are worth, given the stock quality of the gun.
    The stock wiring is the best I've seen on any of my AEGs and I get 21rps with a fully charged battery using deans connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I have a JG G36c and I agree that a 9.6v firefox mini battery + Guarder hop-up rubber is all you need.
    The new motor, barrel and MOSFET are overkill in this gun and will cost more than they are worth, given the stock quality of the gun.
    The stock wiring is the best I've seen on any of my AEGs and I get 21rps with a fully charged battery using deans connectors.

No upgrade is overkill in a gun. The motor will increase rof, the barrel will

make it more accurate and the mosfet will reduce the voltage hitting the

contacts and stop them burning out. They all have their advantages and

overall they make an already reliable gun much more reliable.

• Advertisement

Blay wrote: »
    No upgrade is overkill in a gun. The motor will increase rof, the barrel will

make it more accurate and the mosfet will reduce the voltage hitting the

contacts and stop them burning out. They all have their advantages and

overall they make an already reliable gun much more reliable.

I personally think the JG 36c is good enough as it is. Ever hear of "if it aint broke don't fix it"...

As for the trigger contacts burning out, that takes a very long time to happen with a standard mini-type battery and with a <1J spring. If you had a Lipo battery or a >1j spring, then a MOSFET is a necessary upgrade. Fair enough, the MOSFET will make the contacts last longer in a stock gun, but not enough to justify the hassle of making and installing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ever heard of evolution?

Mosfets aren't just to allow higher voltages and save the trigger contacts, they also make the electrical system more efficient by using a gate voltage from the trigger of ~50mA and sending the rest direct to the motor instead of requiring a mechanical contact point to take 20-30A at a time. This results on a healthier electrical system and a greater power going to the motor, resulting in faster spool times and a higher rate of fire. Not a bad upgrade for any gun if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I personally think the JG 36c is good enough as it is. Ever hear of "if it aint broke don't fix it"...

As for the trigger contacts burning out, that takes a very long time to happen with a standard mini-type battery and with a <1J spring. If you had a Lipo battery or a >1j spring, then a MOSFET is a necessary upgrade. Fair enough, the MOSFET will make the contacts last longer in a stock gun, but not enough to justify the hassle of making and installing one.

I had it happen to me after 20,000 rounds on an 8.4v which vtec will confirm..since he very

kindly fixed it for free :)

But fair enough..everyones entitled to their opinion.:)

Blay wrote: »
    I had it happen to me after 20,000 rounds on an 8.4v which vtec will confirm..since he very

kindly fixed it for free :)

But fair enough..everyones entitled to their opinion.:)

Really, thats unlucky, I honestly expected them to last a hell of a lot longer than that :eek:.
    NakedDex wrote:
    Mosfets aren't just to allow higher voltages and save the trigger contacts, they also make the electrical system more efficient by using a gate voltage from the trigger of ~50mA and sending the rest direct to the motor instead of requiring a mechanical contact point to take 20-30A at a time. This results on a healthier electrical system and a greater power going to the motor, resulting in faster spool times and a higher rate of fire. Not a bad upgrade for any gun if you ask me.

I know that, I have one on my P90 and noticed a slight increase in ROF. I was pointing out the main advantage of a MOSFET, which is reduced wear on the trigger contacts. The reason I installed one on my P90 is that I use Lipo batteries in it and the arcing at the trigger contacs concerned me, the MOSFET fixed that problem :D. I didn't intall the MOSFET for the gain in ROF, there are cheaper and easier ways of increasing ROF.

Enough of this, back on topic. Apologies to the OP.

there are cheaper and easier ways of increasing ROF.

Cheaper than a fivers worth of components and ten minutes soldering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

mosfet is definitely a recommended upgrade, I ran my p90 on a 9.6v battery for 6 months without a mosfet and the contacts are quite pitted now because of this.

Ya, swap those crappy tamiya connectors for Deans, sand+ clean the trigger contacts and remove the fuse. This gave me a 150-200rpm increase.

Wait, what? Sand the contacts? Sand them? As in with sanding paper? The contacts?

/me wanders off shaking head...

NakedDex wrote: »
    Wait, what? Sand the contacts? Sand them? As in with sanding paper? The contacts?

/me wanders off shaking head...

Ya, with very high grit sand paper, just enough to get the tarnish off them.
    It does make a difference, they are still shiny 2 months later. Suit yourself if you don't wanna give it a try. I would only ever do it once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Can I use a beltsander for sanding the contacts? Or would 80grit sandpaper do ok? Would be a lot quicker just to use my belt sander though....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Lads no need to be so dissmissive. Cleaning the contacts is a perfectly valid thing to do....

Advertisement