Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Mountain Snow, December 3rd 2008.

• 04-12-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I took a run up Djouce Mountain in Co Wicklow yesterday morning and the weather was even better than I had hoped for. Not a breath of wind apart from a very light breeze near the summit, and beautiful sunshine. There was a covering of dry powdery snow of several cms which first started to appear in shaded spots around 350m. The summit of Djouce is about 725m. Its the first time Ive gone up mountains to see snow and it was certainly worth it! :D:cool:

I ended up going a lot further than expected and took so many photos it'll take me a week to sort all of them out.

Here's a quick sample of some of them...

16565612.jpg

16567150.jpg

16565452.jpg

16566936.jpg

16567008.jpg

16565011.jpg

16566900.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely pics there , I think that it's extra rewarding climbing above the snowline and enjoying the view from your alpine splender whilst below its not snowy at all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Glorious Pics, did you bring a thermo with you and get some temp readings while up there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Supercell wrote: »
    Lovely pics there , I think that it's extra rewarding climbing above the snowline and enjoying the view from your alpine splender whilst below its not snowy at all.

indeed!

Advertisement