Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students Occupy Green TDs Office

Options
  • 04-12-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Ahhhh i see these feckless protesters decided to go all the way to lucan to occupy Paul Gogarty's office....no respect for anyone!!! With exams coming up you'd think they'd have more constructive ways of using their time.

Whats the bet that Aodhan O'Dea wasn't aware of this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Maybe the library was full and they needed somewhere to study?

Why occupy Paul Gogarty's office. There's really very little he can do (yes, I'm well aware his party is in government, I'm being realistic).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

they must have been pretty desperate to go that far to have a go off a nobody....eamon ryans office is much closer.....not that i'd be arsed occupying anywhere.....especially a green TDs office....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Something similar happened in Galway earlier
    http://tinyurl.com/64h74h

*slow clap*

C'mon though, of all the places to occupy..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What a pointless target. A man who is barely liked amongst his own party let alone has any influence in government. The DOE offices would have made sense, not some local clinic for a miniscule government figure

I cant believe id ever post a link to indymedia but http://www.indymedia.ie/article/90082

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

Gogarty is the Green Party spokesperson on education and chair of the Oireachtas committee on Education. Why would targetting Eamon Ryan have been preferable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I cant believe id ever post a link to indymedia but http://www.indymedia.ie/article/90082

ugh that site is soo awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dental Plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Ugh... douches...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ratucdm

Its amazing how this FEE group seem to have taken it all upon themselves!! They are not even a society, just a bunch of attention seekers who have nothing better to do but pretend they really care about stuff like fee's. I would have thought it was the Students Union's job to do this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

ratucdm wrote: »
    Its amazing how this FEE group seem to have taken it all upon themselves!! They are not even a society, just a bunch of attention seekers who have nothing better to do but pretend they really care about stuff like fee's. I would have thought it was the Students Union's job to do this??
    Without going into any of the issues or the pros and cons of how FEE operate, that is one of the most stumpendouly stupid comments. It boggles my mind how someone can view that as logical, but you sir would be well suited to a career in the public service.

If you see something as needing to be done, then do it. If that something is someone elses responsibility then by all means remind them of that, try to get them to do it, but if they wont, and you see it as important, then do it yourself.

If nothing else, fair play to these lads for putting in the effort to go to lucan :p

Advertisement