Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Right price cars?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know the history of this dealer? I've been looking for a new car and the best option seems to be a car from them. The trading address has me a bit worried though: "Old airport road, cloghran, swords". The same trading address as that "airport used cars" company that was caught clocking cars. I will try and get a check done on the car regardless, but it would save me wasting my time if they turned out to be the same company renamed. Fingers crossed not though.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Chances are its the same crowd just renamed or a sister company. Do a check on the vehicle history anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Okay, don't think it's them as Airport used cars are still trading (www.airportusedcarcentre.ie). I guess nothing left but the usual caveat emptor stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Didn't/Doesn't "Jap Cars" have the same address as that?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

As far as I know a lot of their cars come direct from Murray's Europcar.

This in my opinion is a good thing.

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

if a dealer was clocking the mileage, is there any way an average joe would be able to tell?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

if a dealer was clocking the mileage, is there any way an average joe would be able to tell?

no

Even a good mechanic can be fooled if its done very well

Your best bets are verifiable service records from the car and knowing the general abilties of that type of car over the period of time If its low milage say ~20k and has the original jap crap spec tyres which look to be ~20K tryes it might be true after 20K its much more tricky.

Knowing the owner and the history of the car such as neighbour or friend who bought it new works well

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brendos1b

They are not the same company as Airport Autos and from what I understand the fellow who owns it is very well respected. I am in the motor Business myself and would use him. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Doubt they are.

There's a lot of car dealerships on that stretch of road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

they are run by two brothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

they had a lovely 04 x5 sport diesel (not comm) with leather last week , sold it for 24k, cheapest anywhere! and ive ben looking

• Advertisement
Advertisement