Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please help!!

Options
  • 04-12-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi

Last week I bought a TomTom One Europe. When it arrived, I plugged it into the car and went on a drive to see what it was like. I knew it would need to be updated, but I just wanted to test it out. Understandably, there were roundabouts showing where there are no longer roundabouts, etc...
    This is obviously to be expected, as it needs to be updated. Went to TomTom home and updated it, only for me to turn on the sat nav and have it completely blank, stating that there were no maps on it anymore!!

I plugged it in again, and did the update again, only to get back the info I previously had. Not updated at all!!

I'm not happy with it at all at the moment. I tested it out on a few places I know, and to my horror it has no record of The Mill Shopping Centre in Clondalkin, Tallaght Hospital or Blanchardstown shopping centre. Every address I have tried to key in (Including my own home address) doesnt exist as far as its concerned.

Is it possible that I'm doing the update wrong? I've asked a few friends, but they tell me its straightforward, just to follow the online prompts. But the trouble is, its like I have some kind of learning disability when it comes to taxes and technology!!!!!

Or does it sound more like a faulty GPS?? I bought it from pixmania.com by the way.

Could someone maybe give me step by step instructions (I know, I sound like a baby but I have been trying to figure this out for a week now) on how to fix this??

I really need this GPS because I dont really know my way out of Clondalkin at all, and I'm sick of being dependent on other people to bring me places, and so are they!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Contact the user TomTom Ireland on here, he is a rep for them and should be able to help you out.

Best to PM him.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Thanks

I did that just now. Hopefully he/she will reply soon.

Sometimes I have noticed that its only every few days that he replies but should be able to sort you out all the same IF you can wait.

MC

Sometimes I have noticed that its only every few days that he replies but should be able to sort you out all the same IF you can wait.

MC

Well now I have a whole other problem. Don't know if I should have done this, but I actually bought the most recent UK and ROI map. But when I go to download it it says I have no space.

If I delete my west europe map, will it be deleted forever or can I still access it? Now that I have bought this map, if I dont download it now and exit my account, will it be there for me to download when I next log in?

If you know the answer to this I would appreciate your help.

Sorry, I'm a Garmin user so don't know thins and outs of the TomTom. I'd say the download Should be there but I cannot answer you for sure ont hat.

MC

• Advertisement

well ive made a mess of this now because its no longer there and they want me to pay again!! Oh my god Im such a loser at this!! I hope that TomTom guy can help me, I think I'm going to send this back and buy a garmin too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Relax , It can be sorted . The most important thing (although its too late now) is to backup before doing anything . If TTireland cant help you give me a shout . Where are you located .

sharkman wrote: »
    Relax , It can be sorted . The most important thing (although its too late now) is to backup before doing anything . If TTireland cant help you give me a shout . Where are you located .

Im located in Clondalkin.

Did a really stupid thing last night, bout a uk and roi map for 50euro, its the exact same map as was on the western europe map I got for free. Shouldnt have bought it at all!! Waste of money.

A friend told me that all gps's are like this because the irish town planneras havent updated out ordanance survey maps. But my home address isnt showing up on it, and thats been standing 25 years!!

Please help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CK909

peanuthead wrote: »
    Im located in Clondalkin.

Did a really stupid thing last night, bout a uk and roi map for 50euro, its the exact same map as was on the western europe map I got for free. Shouldnt have bought it at all!! Waste of money.

A friend told me that all gps's are like this because the irish town planneras havent updated out ordanance survey maps. But my home address isnt showing up on it, and thats been standing 25 years!!

Please help!!

Try find location via postcode... Then enter the postcode i.e for Clondalkin type "22"

It will give you a list of every road in alphabetical order for Dublin 22. Hit find and type in the first few letters in your road. It should pop up then for you. Whether or not it goes to house numbers is dependant but it probably will.

Also if your screen crashes again hit the reset button underneath the TT. Also back it up regularily.

Everyone here is being so helpful!! Things like this make me feel so stupid because I can't get my head round it at all, and I'm a fairly intelligent person too!! Thanks to all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement