Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time PC build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

looking good my friend that is a solid build..how much is it running up to

now one thing i would suggest is buying a q6600
    http://www3.hardwareversand.de/3ViPoLx2hqfCCI/articledetail.jsp?aid=8790&agid=398

you mentioned that you would like to do more than gaming so a q6600 would be really handy. currently a duo has shown better performance in gaming but when it comes to more than just gaming quad core has shown better performance. Also some games in future hopefully will use more than one or 2 cores hence better performance. And also you can easily overclock q6600 to 3.0Ghz on stock cooler and with no sweat and still have it stable so have a think about that one.

i recently ordered a new min-atx mobo and q6600 and sapphire 4850 and i got half of the stuff, so ill let you know how that performers.

but yea that's a nice budget set-up at the moment. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

It comes to roughly €850 altogether. One of my main concerns is whether or not the motherboard itself is good quality, and that it is compatible with the GFX card I have listed. It says that the card takes up 2 slots, and I want to be sure that there is enough room for it on the board, if that makes sense.

As for the CPU, I looked at comparisons between Dual and Quad core processors, and the dual core sounds more appropriate for my needs. I'll probably end up going for the E8500, given that it's only a little bit more expensive, and it runs cooler and with less power, as well as having a higher clock speed.

Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement