Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6300 Headset problems - Whats the point in sending it back?

• 04-12-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I switched to Vodafone from O2 a couple of months ago and seen as I had a cradle for the Nokia 6300 in the car, I chose just to get a new 6300 from Vodafone.

This is the 3rd 6300 I've had, the first one being replaced because the headset wouldnt work after a few days. The same happened the 2nd one, and now, the 3rd one (this one is with Vodafone). When I plug any headset into the phone, it won't recognise that something has been plugged in. The same happens in the car kit.

I'm not sure if sending the phone back to Vodafone (I got it online, free with the price plan I signed up to) is going to be any use because having researched the problem on the net, its in all of the 6300s.

I use the Bury uni car talk system in the car, and a new cradle for a new phone would be €80 +.

Should Vodafone do something for me in terms of giving me some sort of credit towards a different phone?

Even if that happened, I'll still have to shell out for a new cradle. (I know! I should have got a bluetooth one, but I wanted the car cradle to charge the phone too.)

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I can't really moan to Vodafone, they gave me the phone free.

I suppose I'm looking at getting something on ebay and then buying a new cradle. Grrr.. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You pay for your phone as part of your contract so yeah give them a call and seeing as this is a regular fault it will be up to Nokia to replace it for them, they on the other hand have to deal with you.

MC

Advertisement