Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Message Problem

• 04-12-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi i am a novice and could really do with a bit of help.
    I have a dell d600, with xp professional, was working fine and then all of a sudden i keep getting error messages when trying to open any app.
    For example, explorer, outlook. i get the follwing message "the application failed to initialize properly(0cx0000006). To try fix this i tried system restore, but got the same message.
    I know i can reboot from the install disk but would prefare not to unless this is last resort,as i have important emails i really need to get hold of.Any help would be great,.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check for viruses and other malware

try again in safe mode in case anything else running

if only problems with email
    backup your PST if you are using outlook,
    outlook express is a very different package that saves files elsewhere

setup a new profile
    you could try open the pst on other pc
    scanpst might repair it

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Hey i got this sorted, By chance really, it appers it was a registry problem??, i tried sevrel reg fix programmes with no luck so i decided to reinstall the xp disc again it gave me the option to "upgrade"which i did, it took about an hour, and now everything is working . i lost nothing everything still there so happy days.Thanks for the advise captin.

Bandit

Advertisement