Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP iPaq 514 Voice Messenger

• 04-12-2008 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im considering buying this on ebay, any views?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

xp90 wrote: »
    Hi, Im considering buying this on ebay, any views?

Depends.
    How much? And what do you want/need it for?
    It's a solid performer...but in no way special imho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

It only €56 like new,it seems solid, want it for the wifi and office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'd stay away. I saw alot of problems with WiFi stability when using it and the screen size is too small and the resolution is too bad so it won't be good for Office \ browsing etc.

how much would ya pay for it? dya think i could sell it at a profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I've had this phone a year now and while I love it I would hesitate to recommend it. I agree the screen is too small for a winmo phone. Browsing is useless (also EDGE only) and not all apps you can download work due to small screen size and lack of touchscreen. Wifi range is very poor.

But for work stuff, e.g. checking your email and VPN it's a decent phone. Wouldn't send an email with it though. Don't think you could sell it at a profit.

• Advertisement

Break even at least? who knows i havent got it yet so I might love it! what would you reccommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

It's very hard to recommend tbh. I've never had a job that legitimately required a blackberry or a phone with PDA capabilities like that so I don't know just how useful it would be. This phone is sort of like the old 6230i (a real good business phone) trying to be an iPaq without much newer technology, so I'd probably suggest something newer with a proven record for wifi and e-mail and decent text input for PDA functions.

Personally I'm only holding on to this (and it does get wrecked over time, as I can hardly see my buttons anymore) until I can afford a t-mobile G1... the best feature this has is checking my gmail over IMAP and showing new emails on the home screen, but what phone doesn't do that in 2008?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I have had one of these for over a year and I would class it as a phone that would fall firmly into the "business" category. It works well tethered to my laptop and has kept me in contact with the office without fail. It is well built and I have dropped mine several times wihout a problem

For the money it's hard to beat it, but the Market for it will be fairly small

Advertisement