Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new Slayer song out!! Absolutely rubbish crap god-awful shyte!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

sounds like they're playing fast for the sake of playing fast,the "vocals" are horrible,make it hard to listen to. i'll still check out the album though,you can't beat a bit of slayer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I dont think its too bad, sounds like a track thst should have been on undisputed attitude though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This surprises you? Christ Illusion was utter muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I dont think its too bad, sounds like a track thst should have been on undisputed attitude though

Yea it does a bit alright. Something about it reminds me off Diabolous in musica too, maybe its the vocal!!!
    Dont think its THAT bad op!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I don't see how it's different really. Admittedly, I don't listen to them at all really. Slayer is as Slayer does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I like it TBH! If the OP is into Slayer then I can't seem to think why he finds it any different to a lot of their recent stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

It's an average enough effort really and nowhere near their best. The problem is that Slayer set the bar too high with Reign in Blood and nothing they've done since compares to that. Even Diabolus in musica wasn't a bad album but people keep expecting R.I.B. and are always disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Slayer by numbers, is it a shock anymore? The rot started with Seasons In The Abyss and they've been largely repeating themselves ever since. Still, it pays and it's better than a real job and, like Metallica, there are enough people happy to pay for it.

Doctor J wrote: »
    Slayer by numbers, is it a shock anymore? The rot started with Divine Intervention and they've been largely repeating themselves ever since.

Fixed that for ya Doc ;)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya Doc ;)
    :D

Naaaaaaaaah you know it's the truth :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Slayer by numbers, is it a shock anymore? The rot started with Seasons In The Abyss and they've been largely repeating themselves ever since. Still, it pays and it's better than a real job and, like Metallica, there are enough people happy to pay for it.

==>But if you decided 'I will go and get some experimental/mind-opening music' you're hardly going to think 'I know, I'll get some Slayer!'. The Ramones, Motorhead, even Coldplay; lots of bands go through their whole careers doing pretty much the same and/or similar stuff. In fact, and I am a metal fan, most metal bands do this.

Most bands go away.

:D

Naaaaaaaaah you know it's the truth :pac:

I actually enjoyed Seasons In The Abyss!! What else could they have done to top Reign In Blood and South Of Heaven. It was a lot better than a lot of the rubbish metal bands were churning out in 1990. I got my nose broken to War Ensemble quite a few times in McGons at that period too, Dead Skin Mask was pretty decent too i though for a slower paced song.

It was no South Of Heaven, but it wasn't the pile of pish you're dismissing it as, that's for sure.

Was better than the black album! :D
    (awaits bashing from Lord Lucan and Rockee)

Ah don't get me wrong, it's not ****e, there are a few classics, we can all agree on that :)

There's a few tunes that are just... meh. You could take them or leave them. There's nothing on South Of Heaven or Reign In Blood that you'd say "The album would be no better or worse if that song wasn't there", on Seasons... there's just a few nothing tunes that hinted at the ****e that was to follow.

I suppose you could call it Slayer's black album :pac:

Ah don't get me wrong, it's not ****e, there are a few classics, we can all agree on that :)

There's a few tunes that are just... meh. You could take them or leave them. There's nothing on South Of Heaven or Reign In Blood that you'd say "The album would be no better or worse if that song wasn't there", on Seasons... there's just a few nothing tunes that hinted at the ****e that was to follow.

Well yeah, you can only produce a couple of classic albums in a row before you start running out of steam. But i certainly wouldn't call it the rot setting in. Music was also changing. I don't think they would have gotten away with another RIB or SOH in 1990. They had to do something, and i think what they did was just right for the time.
    I suppose you could call it Slayer's black album :pac:

Wash your hands with acid and try that again, sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

you'll find no argument from me on that one tbh.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Sounds exactly the same as all the rubbish they've put out before it :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Most of slayers albums are full of filler stuff to be honest. Its there "hits" that make the albums worth while though!! When you listen to the songs that arent well known theres nothing bad about them, there mleh but they still have that agression which makes them litstenable, theres no bull**** there unlike certain other thrash giants from the eighties...

In the 90ies i think slayer switched it up a bit, especially with divine intervention, like it or loathe it to me personally it doesnt remind me of any other slayer album in the slightest. And God Hates Us all is a pretty different sounding album too, although theres less "slayer classics" in that one i find one of the albums with the least much on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Hmm...Brian Johnson from AC/DC has joined Slayer? :D I like some of their stuff but sometimes I think half the time Kerry King is just out to say to Metallica 'Look we're the fastest and the baddest!'

Riff sounds like a bumblebee in distress too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Shurrup Shawn :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Very hell awaits / also kinda like necrophobic...
    I like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Slayer have been in decline since Seasons but Doctor J I still stand over Seasons as a great album.

We'll agree to disagree. I felt it was a bit of a let down then and I still feel the same about it. Some great tunes (I still remember getting freaked out the first time I listened to Dead Skin Mask :D)but some nothing tunes too. It does have my all time favourite Slayer riff of all time (that "All things dead must rise again.." bit) but, overall, it's a patchy album, there's too much chaff to deserve to be called classic despite a number of classic tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah, that don't sound too promising. Was very disappointed with Christ Illusion, for some reason I had high expectations for it, silly me!!!!

After Seasons.. I lost all interest in Slayer's next albums, just didn't do anything for me.
    I love Seasons, but SOH/RIB are Slayer's best. Some mates back then when Seasons.. was released said it was their 'pop' album, used to piss me off :), but looking back and listening to Seasons... now, there are some groovey riffs in there.

Advertisement