Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you boards.ie.

Options
  • 04-12-2008 9:21pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I know it's cliché to have a big long soppy post about how great life is when you reach a landmark on the post-count score, but I've been thinking a lot recently about boards.ie and what it's meant to me for the past three-and-a-half years.

Firstly, when I came to boards early in 2005, I was only really getting used to the Internet. I'd never even been on the Internet before 2003, but gradually, boards.ie and all its tech wizzardry got me (more or less) up to scratch. That was back when the place was still strongly dominated by tech-lords.

The second thing boards did for me was to make me better [note: I said, 'better', not 'good'] at arguing, both here and off-line. I learnt quickly that I couldn't just bluff my way through arguments anymore and that there was no way of getting around the 'I think you'll find you said, [noparse]
    [/noparse]' thing.

Finally, though, I'd like to give a big cheer for everyone who gets something - anything - out of boards.ie. As someone who's (mildly) interested in group and community dynamics, it's intriguing to be part of this community and, above all, it's a pleasure.

I was going to thank some individuals who have made my time on boards.ie particularly enjoyable, but they know who they are. I was also going to thank some moderators who have done particularly good work, but they too know who they are. So, I'm just going to thank two peons who have made the last 6 months all the better (and have actually brought me back to reading AH): Frada and javaboy. Keep up the good work.

Right...so...if that wasn't soppy enough for you, click here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Look, i just got laid off from work 3 weeks before christmas.

This soppy ghey stuff is of no heart warming use to me, neither will it put food on the table or nappys on my grandmother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Don't EVER do that to me again!!!

For a second I thought this was some sort of resignation post. Phew!!!

Congrats on the landmark :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Anyone got a few tissues,gonna nut into my mitten here.

Jeesh:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

snyper wrote: »

This soppy ghey stuff is of no heart warming use to me, neither will it put food on the table or nappys on my grandmother.

On the other side though you get more boards and sexual misadventure time. The dole has gone up. Plenty of jobs announced today and many around still my man. Its a ****ty christmas gift indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

So, I'm just going to thank two peons who have made the last 6 months all the better (and have actually brought me back to reading AH): Frada and javaboy.

That's good becuase I was just about to threaten you with legal action and I was hoping you'd wouldn't come down too hard on me in the banning stakes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Wait! You're only on here 3 months more than me and you're an Smod?! I aimed too low :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Why aren't you nuking spammers? Get back to nuking spammers please.

*applauds*

6th wrote: »
    Wait! You're only on here 3 months more than me and you're an Smod?! I aimed too low :(

no, yer aul fella did :fap:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jaysus, are we thanking measly 5ks now? :pac:

/congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got a 10k one coming soon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

So, I'm just going to thank two peons who have made the last 6 months all the better (and have actually brought me back to reading AH): Frada and javaboy. Keep up the good work.

Peon? Who you calling a peon? I'll peon* you!

*That one's dedicated to SharpShooterH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Go ban people or I'll kick your ass. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin thanks whores! :pac:

That's rich coming from the man with 70 squillion! ;)

javaboy wrote: »
    That's rich coming from the man with 70 squillion! ;)

Since this thread, your e-penis is so big that you leave women limping.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its nice to have some 'good feedback' threads.

Congrats on the milestone.

Since this thread, your e-penis is so big that you leave women limping.

Well it's nice to be appreciated by anyone especially an Smod but it's not like I'll be fapping over the memory of getting a mention or anything. :D

It's like I told Frada:
    javaboy wrote:
    Meh I get namechecked so often the thrill has worn off. I mean I still print out the posts and stick them up on my wall but it's more habit than anything else at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

nice 5000th OP, nice to see positive stuff for a change..
    hope i'll be as gracious!!

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its nice to have some 'good feedback' threads.
    No, it's not. Feed back was designed for complaining about people like you. It's like creating a democracy where everyone gets a vote, but the party never loses.
    Well it's nice to be appreciated by anyone especially an Smod but it's not like I'll be fapping over the memory of getting a mention or anything. :D
    Indeed, it's nice to get the compliment the odd time - especially the fact that you have Internet Addiction Disorder makes it all the more rewarding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

snyper wrote: »

Dude your avatars gone pink again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was going to thank some individuals who have made my time on boards.ie particularly enjoyable

We're happy to have met you to Hulla. It's a two way thang.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Eh dude, I think hullabullamulladulla meant me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well it's nice to be appreciated by anyone especially an Smod but it's not like I'll be fapping over the memory of getting a mention or anything.

I will, however.

5k, and all i got was a pink avatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Nice one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gotta agree on the making you better at arguing aspect of your post OP. It's a similar situation for me, but I still pray* that I never get into a real life argument with some of the regular posters from A&A.:pac::pac::pac:

*not literally of course.:p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

6th wrote: »
    Eh dude, I think hullabullamulladulla meant me ;)
    Yeah, Sabotage. Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

GG Hulla!
    Overheal wrote: »

Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

stovelid wrote: »
    Jaysus, are we thanking measly 5ks now? :pac:

I coulda but pfffttt 5k is nothing. I'm holding out......

Overheal wrote: »

Kinetic^ wrote: »

Nobody cares.

Oh now ya see that's just nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I was going to thank some individuals who have made my time on boards.ie particularly enjoyable, but they know who they are. I was also going to thank some moderators who have done particularly good work, but they too know who they are. So, I'm just going to thank two peons who have made the last 6 months all the better (and have actually brought me back to reading AH): Frada and javaboy. Keep up the good work.

Right...so...if that wasn't soppy enough for you, click here.

I like to think that I've made your time on boards.ie more difficult & annoying, but congrads on the 5k. I'm only half the man you are, but then again Overheal is twice the man you are. And it's all just peanuts compared to Victor and the like. Kinda like the riverrock ad

Advertisement