Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy Robbie Keane Back ...?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Would you buy Robbie Keane Back ...? PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Come home Robbie....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I wouldn't.
    Best bit of business in the PL this year.
    Pav is coming good anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not for more than 6mil....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

would take 50 quid and a few butter vouchers for him at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How about €50 quids worth of butter Vouchers and some lasange? :D

In all seriousness I couldn't see it happening for three reason

1. I'm sure Robbie has more pride then to move back to us in 3 Months.
    2. Would fan's want him for more then 5M+
    3. Keane=Cock would not be happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭j.griff

As much as i like robbie keane, and i know he done loads for spurs, i don't think i would like to see him back at the lane.
    i think we should look forward to the new great spurs thats being built

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

Benitez will do what all managers do with an expensive flop...... stick with him. Selling him for substantially less than he bought him for (which is what his value is now) reflects badly on him as a manager. I think he will keep playing him in the hope that he comes good.

Come back Robbie all is forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

nah leave em where he is. he wouldnt come back in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No, much and all as I loved Keano for Spurs, he made his choice to leave when nobody at Spurs wanted him to go. Leave him where he wanted to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

same as everyone.....dont want him back!!!
    Maybe he might make a sheringham-esque return in years to come if all our strikers get long term injuries at once and we need strikers immediatly, but very unlikely...otherwise...thanks robbie, see ya now!
    Keano...keano...keano...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd welcome him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

robbie keane was my favourite spurs player for a long time when he played. i was not a happy camper when he left hense my name as was pointed out above! i was hopeful he would flop and come back to spurs but never thought the oppertunity would arise but the way bent has come on and scoring regularly and with pav finding a bit of form, do we need him? not for 20 mill or anything like it.

leave it alone i reckon. we got 20 mill for a player we paid 7 for 6 years ago. he is 28 now and prob only has about 2 years left at the top of his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

I would take him for less then 10mill. Redknapp would get him to play well again. Though it is a fickle situation and .............. I MISS HIM....there, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I would take him for less then 10mill. Redknapp would get him to play well again. Though it is a fickle situation and .............. I MISS HIM....there, I said it.

Prefer Aaron Lennon - years younger with upside.
    Sorry Robbie - bed - lie in it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

galinka wrote: »
    Prefer Aaron Lennon - years younger with upside.
    Sorry Robbie - bed - lie in it etc.

Couldn't believe what I heard on RTE this morning....... that Spurs were willing to offer Lennon and O'Hara as part payment for Keane!

Surely they've got it wrong!

ruiseal wrote: »
    Couldn't believe what I heard on RTE this morning....... that Spurs were willing to offer Lennon and O'Hara as part payment for Keane!

I read that too in the gossip section of football 365. I don't think ANY spurs supporter would agree to such a deal, whatever about the expendability of O'Hara ( Huddlestone has the same quality of passing) no way should we be letting Lennon go when he is starting to find amazing form again. He is playing crap and is only worth his current, not past form. That in mind £500,000 should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ruiseal wrote: »

Who in their right mind would create such a ridiculous rumour? We sell Keane for £20m, he's a flop at Liverpool, so we decide to give Liverpool 5m, O'Hara, and Lennon, to make up £20m to buy him back? If the author had said that Spurs valued Keane at £12m or something there might have been a bit of credibility, but ffs, £20m?? Utterly stupid journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I must admit to you all that Robbie Keane has been for many years a bit of a hero to me (well as much as someone 5 years older then me can be).

When he left I somewhat admired him for following his "Dream" not just the Standard "Dream move" that Berbatov spewed it was but its fairly well known that Keane has been a liverpool fan since he was a boy.

Having said that, He did make his choice and I wouldn't pay anywhere near 12m to have him back. fact is Mido seems to be playing better then him this season in the PL and we wouldn't throw around that kind of money for him.

If the price was right I would welcome him back with open arms but thats just me as I can totally empathise with fans who have taken a much darker view of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

This is all newspaer BS, not worth a comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I'd take him back. But only for around £10-12,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Ah give him till after Xmas like we done with Crouch then he banged in the goals:) I dont like Robbie Keane n never have but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove his worth!! If he finishes the season with only 5-10 goals then get rid of him....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

If ryan babel realised there is no I in the word TEAM Robbie would have scored a bagful last night. What a glory hunter that guy is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

indenial wrote: »
    If ryan babel realised there is no I in the word TEAM Robbie would have scored a bagful last night. What a glory hunter that guy is
    He missed to oppertunities to pass to him and who is to say Keane would have scored?? He missed easy enough chances last night n has done in a lot of other games!!! Babel made space for himself so decided to shoot, you wouldnt complain if he scored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Was never RK's biggest fan...much preferred Defoe, though I had to recognise that the Berbatov/Keane axis/alliance worked.
    Wouldn't take RK back in a month of sundaes...(Andy Reid reference there..;))

Would like to see Crouch/Defoe at Spurs...sorry if that upsets anyone's sensibilities :)

Defoe back at Spurs. Now that is something I would like to see. Considering the Berb and RK engineered moves for themselves away from the club you couldn't pry Defoe off us. He left kicking and screaming. Better than Pav IMO.

DEFOE FOR TOTTENHAM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Don't want him back. We'd have to listen to all his bull**** about how he never wanted to leave in the first place.....

Pass me the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If Redknapp wants him back then I'm happy for the move to happen. I do think we need a little extra guile from our front men, Pav is too immobile (though a great finisher) and Bent is not the most cerebral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

If Redknapp wants him back then I'm happy for the move to happen. I do think we need a little extra guile from our front men, Pav is too immobile (though a great finisher) and Bent is not the most cerebral.

spot on. anyone who improves the team is ok by me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

we'll have defeo please! :pac:

Advertisement