Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI atm card with laser

Options
  • 04-12-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

recived a new atm card with laser today which i did not order and on the letter saying
    "if you do not activate your new card,your old atm/cirrus card will be automatically cancelled and you will be unable to use it from february 2009"
    is this a money making racket by boi to get more fees?
    as i dont want or need a laser card can i hand it back to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

when does your current ATM card expire ?
    thats very nice of them to post it out to you... i asked for a replacement card and was told to call into the branch in 2 or 3 days and they were reluctant to post it out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

oct /11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah i,d give them a shout on the 1890 365 365 see what they have to say for them selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I got one from ulster bank recently and the one i had was valid until 2010. I had a laser one and the one they sent me out is an ATM one. Why don't you want laser? It's very handy when there are massive queues for an atm machine or you don't want to withdraw money all the time just to buy a few things.

EDIT: I don't think the banks charge for issuing new cards.

going to call into my local branch tomorrow and see what the story is i'll let you know the outcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

recived a new atm card with laser today which i did not order and on the letter saying
    "if you do not activate your new card,your old atm/cirrus card will be automatically cancelled and you will be unable to use it from february 2009"
    is this a money making racket by boi to get more fees?
    as i dont want or need a laser card can i hand it back to them.

Did you read the letter?

Cirrus cards are being automatically replaced by Laser cards. Just like AIB did last yr. Nobody is forcing you to use the Laser facility.

fair enough if there all going the same road
    but do you have to pay the stamp duty on both atm and laser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

yeah its €5 a year now, i asked for a laser 3 months ago was told no, and today i get one without asking, its not surprising theyre in a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

i got the zact same thing as did the mother... I guess BOI are upgrading us all to lazer for some reason. you will only get lazer charges if you use the lazer function. if you just use it as an ATM card it will be charged as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

Was wondering did anyone ask them what the story is with this.

Even my bro got one, he has shag all in his account.

There are fees for using the laser function i do believe, not sure how they compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

bryanodowd wrote: »
    Was wondering did anyone ask them what the story is with this.

Even my bro got one, he has shag all in his account.

There are fees for using the laser function i do believe, not sure how they compare.

The standard transaction fee of 28c applies no difference. Thats if you pay fees free banking is possible for every personal customer.

You only pay stamp duty on the laser if you use the laser
    same with the atm.
    Use one its €5 use both its €10

Advertisement