Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV (PC)

Options
  • 04-12-2008 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before, went back 3 pages without seeing anything.

Anyone got this for PC yet? What were your thoughts?

I'm particularly interested in the graphics, screenshots are looking nice. Hopefully the controls will be good, like San Andreas.

And multiplayer should be pretty awesome now that its official supported, not just mods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Big one here about it

It might be good if people could actually play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My local gamestop insists it isn't out until tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Supposed to be buggy and has high requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hmm... better graphics? Or trophies?

I think I'll play the PC version for a bit to see if the graphics are that much better, if not then I'll go back to the PS3 version (still not finished it, my god that game is such a slog to play through)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

L31mr0d wrote: »
    (still not finished it, my god that game is such a slog to play through)

Yeah I think I'm finally all GTA'd out.

I managed to finish it on the 360 but was bored of it long before the end. I don't think its a bad game but there was nothing new that kept me interested that I hadn't seen in the rest of the franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

quarryman wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'm finally all GTA'd out.

I managed to finish it on the 360 but was bored of it long before the end. I don't think its a bad game but there was nothing new that kept me interested that I hadn't seen in the rest of the franchise.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and played it through to completion on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its been out on Steam the past week

All the GTA's are gettin too samey, it always the same deal with slightly better graphics

I think it hit its peak with GTA:Vice City, the story, atmosphere, characters, addition of bikes, helicopters etc

None of the others have brought anything special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Craigmagu

i got it yesterday in extravision, an by god does it require high specs!!

my system is amd athlon 6400+ (3.2 dual core) , 3gig pc6400 ram, 160gig hd, 512mb 9600gt nvidia graphics, rtunnin win xp service pack 3

an d game stil runs slow on it, game graphics are class tho i do hav to say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I still haven't finished the PS3 version yet either, the lack of mission variety put me off.

I'm reading a bit on a few game sites that people are up in arms about the PC version's technical issues. None of them sound too severe and should be patched soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is the high graphics requirements due to a lazy port or what?
    Is a patch likely to fix some of these problems and make it run better?

I have an average/low PC now and have managed to play any game I wanted,
    Far Cry 2, COD 4/5, Fallout 3 so was hoping I could play this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Even Hitler understands the woes of PC users of this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

WHOA, thats one buggy ass game!!!

I already uninstalled it. played literally 3 minutes worth and ran into two major glitches. performance wasnt as bad as I had heard, it ran smoothly enough on my laptop, albeit at low settings.

glitch one. in the car driving along SMACK, invisible wall.

glitch two. perticular building textures just refused to render.

couple with the stupid login to play bull**** and this is instintly a fail in my books. I shall stick with the 360 version.

hitler, again...was pretty on the ball.

Advertisement