Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Right Lane Hoggers

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

vibe666 wrote: »
    if there's a lane hogger in front of me and he's totally oblivious to my flashing, tailgating, weaving and horn honking

Is this really the type of driving we want to see though?
    If I was in a squad car behind you I would probably be more likely to do you than the other driver.

Do you really think "weaving, flashing, tailgating" is good, safe driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I tend to agree its not exactly deemed to be safe driving but I have to hold my hand up and say I've undertaken myself more than the once.

If after sitting behind a car or jeep and they dont get the message I tend to undertake and stay neck and neck with the next car in the left hand lane, tough toots mate, your turn to sit n suffer. All except for them white van drivers, their holy bejaysus mad, often tried to keep up with a few when I worked down the country and was travelling home. Needless to say I was unkindly told to move aside, gees those m-benz vans can move, what do they run them on-aviation fuel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I guess I would have been tempted to undertake in the past, but having read this thread, I really try not to.

Anyway, today I'm on the M50 Northbound at Carrickmines. I'm in the passing lane - because I am passing. I slow down as I approach slow-moving traffic (3 cars) in the passing lane with no one in the left lane. So 4 of us are doing about 95kph in the passing lane.
    The second car waits for a minute and then undertakes. What was the third car also undertakes so I move up behind the oblivious (Northern Reg) driver.
    I think about flashing my lights but my exit is coming up soon, so I decide to just stay where I am.
    When I eventually pass this car I am in the slip lane and while passing I decide to give the driver a 'dirty look'. The passenger in the other car sees this and gives me a 'what the f**k is wrong with you look'. So, I point to the left lane to indicate that I think that is where they should driving. At this point the passenger goes bananas and starts gesticulating wildly and sails off into the distance red-faced in the passing lane while slowing furhter.

You gotta feel - why do I bother.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hayyman

Its not your job to police the roads though...
    Good point let the guards do that where ever they are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

and don't drag up old threads :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement