Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealership test drive insurance - covered?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question - when I go for a test drive at a reputable dealership am I more than likely to be covered by their insurance for the drive?

What is the usual practice here?

I have my own insurance that would cover me - but my partner is a named driver and I'd like her to be able to test drive also.

Cheers for any input.
    (this may have come up before - but a search with 'insurance' in it brought waaay too many results! :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

usual practice is their policy covers you once you are with a member of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ninty9er wrote: »
    usual practice is their policy covers you once you are with a member of staff.

That's the way it works.

If you want to take the demonstrator overnight you'll have to do a temporary substitution of vehicle on your own policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Does your partner have a full licence? We'd condisder that important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

AudiChris wrote: »

Her guide dog does. Just kidding - good point.
    Thank you for the replies all.
    Didn't think about asking for a car overnight.
    Might be a good idea. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

AudiChris wrote: »

I took a few dealer test drives on a provisional (in the old days), with the dealer fully aware of me being on one - the salesman is most likely going to be a >2 years qualified driver so that side would be covered anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement