Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

interesting Kia website..

Options
  • 05-12-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

....Audi, please take note: this is how you involve, rather than annoy, prospective customers to your website: KIA Soul

Interesting, involving.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I got bored after a short while - what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The kia boyz are the one's to watch. Toyota/Nissan and the likes need to take them seriously.
    I like the Soul, i'd have one over a Quasqui me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

I got bored too, takes forever to download/start?
    kbannon wrote: »
    what happens?
    I reckon the butler did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Took too long to load so I just closed the window (even shorter attention span than kbannon).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

biko wrote: »
    Took too long to load so I just closed the window (even shorter attention span than kbannon).

I did the same. If it does not load in under 5 seconds it's broken/not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Nothing in particular happens, just that, to see some of the information on the car, you have to drive it around the screen using the arrow keys, to collect the points, to unlock the various segments.

I presume ye did that..........?

As for slow loading, etc.......I did it on a 700k wireless link to my laptop, and it worked fine for me, so maybe it's.........ahem.......not the KIA site that's the problem........??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Not impressed by the handling of the car, the steering was also remote and lifeless. Huge turning circle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I waited a minute this time.
    It still haven't loaded while writing this.
    I even had time to do a speedtest

367607415.png

Btw, it it STILL loading...

edit, 5 mins now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....Audi, please take note: this is how you involve, rather than annoy, prospective customers to your website: KIA Soul

Interesting, involving.

Check out audi.de to see what the new Audi websites will look like, they launched that in the last day or two (dunno why you're picking on Audi, but anyway... :P).

Interesting game, but nothing I couldn't get on fhm.com. Needs a bit more to it.
    I think brands like Aston Martin are missing out on this kind of branding opportunity by not having a James Bond game - by the same token, Audi should have brought out a viral Ironman or Transporter 3 game.

You're right, you've got to involve people, get them to want to visit your website, rather than have to visit it.

AudiChris wrote: »
    You're right, you've got to involve people, get them to want to visit your website, rather than have to visit it.

right now, people don't want to visit a car showroom, let alone a website.:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

looks abit like a Nissan Cube :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I waited a minute this time.
    It still haven't loaded while writing this.
    I even had time to do a speedtest

367607415.png

Btw, it it STILL loading...

edit, 5 mins now...

O/T I know, but fwiw it's worth - that connection speed is.........well, it's 1/3 mine at best, so you need to have a 'chat' with your supplier.......in fact, if they're calling that broadband, you might have a case under Trade Descriptions........ :D:D surprised you can even read boards.ie with that connection tbh....

Chris, not picking on them, but the sites have to be EASY to use, and not require enormous bandwidth, for people to engage. Otherwise they just fup off somewhere else. (like to here, probably....:D )

I don't agree there's no interest in going to garages - there's loads of interest, or it's easily generated. It's the finance/money/economy that's the issue, not cars per se

Ode To The Motorist

I don't agree there's no interest in going to garages - there's loads of interest, or it's easily generated. It's the finance/money/economy that's the issue, not cars per se

Loads of interest? Is that why they are empty? People are more interested in going into Aldi and Lidl right now, and not glass fronted car brand mecca's.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sorry, I lost interest half way through your post!
    s1_ep2_father_stone_200x150.jpg

right now, people don't want to visit a car showroom, let alone a website.:o

I'd consider websites and showrooms to be separate, personally.
    One use for a website is for marketing/branding and another is for information to help people gather their thoughts and make decisions before heading in to talk to a salesperson.
    I think that applies to all industries/services, not just the motor industry.

I don't see how your "mwa ha ha, the dealers are dying" sentiment adds to the discussion of the OP's thread....
    Chris, not picking on them, but the sites have to be EASY to use, and not require enormous bandwidth, for people to engage. Otherwise they just fup off somewhere else. (like to here, probably....:D )

I know, I completely agree - the first place I go to before making a semi-major purchase is to the product's official website, and then to review websites (and probably a forum or two).

It's what I've seen described as "sensemaking", and it's a vital part of the decision-making process. Manufacturer websites can be useful or useless, alive with information or a static/brochure website.

I know which I prefer when I'm buying something!

There's minimal interest in buying cars at the moment, until everyone knows how the economy is panning out. That doesn't absolve any manufacturer's responsibility to keep current and interesting information about their product in-the-wild, and to continue brand-building so that when the good times come back, their product is foremost in people's minds.

I'd consider websites and showrooms to be separate, personally.
    One use for a website is for marketing/branding and another is for information to help people gather their thoughts and make decisions before heading in to talk to a salesperson.
    I think that applies to all industries/services, not just the motor industry

No ****e Sherlock! On the ball today.:p

and re; I don't see how your "mwa ha ha, the dealers are dying" sentiment adds to the discussion of the OP's thread....

Not the case, you're parnoid on all threads Chris where anyone overtly points out the negative state the car bizz in it. You're like an estate agent. Trying to talk it up but I know the trade inside out and you're not instilling any confidence in me. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nothing in particular happens, just that, to see some of the information on the car, you have to drive it around the screen using the arrow keys, to collect the points, to unlock the various segments.

Meh, crash damage is off. Boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

As for slow loading, etc.......I did it on a 700k wireless link to my laptop, and it worked fine for me, so maybe it's.........ahem.......not the KIA site that's the problem........??

I've got a 3mb connection at 75% strength on wireless and i had nothing after 2 mins except Soul on the top right.

So maybe it is Ahem the fact that Kia couldn't be arsed to provide a server for Ireland or even western Europe on its own.

No ****e Sherlock! On the ball today.:p

Again, try and add to the conversation if you can nif.

You're like an estate agent. Trying to talk it up
    There's minimal interest in buying cars at the moment, until everyone knows how the economy is panning out.

OK...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

"Kia soul is coming."

Kia soul would want to hurry on before i go to a website that works.

5 mins in.

• Advertisement

It worked perfectly for me, and i'm not running a mega-machine or fatpipe. I wonder why so many people are having problems with it?

It worked perfectly for me, and i'm not running a mega-machine or fatpipe. I wonder why so many people are having problems with it?

This what i'm looking at.
    kiaiscomingy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

This what i'm looking at.
    kiaiscomingy.jpg

Had something similar for about 10 mins. Was really slowing everything down while loading.

Wouldn't even get that far in work, which is a much quicker connection and more powerful machine :confused:

(P.S. Isn't really worth the wait IMHO)

R.O.R wrote: »
    Had something similar for about 10 mins. Was really slowing everything down while loading.

Wouldn't even get that far in work, which is a much quicker connection and more powerful machine :confused:

I'm waiting this long now, it would annoy me if i didn't wait out. Although it just seems like nothing is happening. I don't have to click anything do i?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I don't have to click anything do i?

I just left it loading in another tab and checked back when my system was back running at usual speed.

I'm trying again now, and it's taking much longer than last time - probably 2mins+ this time.

It's working for me now though.

Could you be missing something (latest Flash update or something)?
    R.O.R wrote: »

+1

40 mins later lol!

Ok, firstly it loaded.
    Then, it broke my computer.
    Then, i got it to work.
    Then, i lost my KIA....
    kiay.jpg

Advertisement