Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Mass as Gaelige

Options
  • 05-12-2008 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Might seem a strange request but I hope I can get an answer

If a Sunday mass goer wanted to attend a service as Gaelige is there any church in Dublin that does this?
    As you can imagine, google doesn't give this information too readily, would the helpful people of boards know? :)

Eh, maybe this should be in Christianity forum but it's a Dublin specific question also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

micmclo wrote: »

If a Sunday mass goer wanted to attend a service as Gaelige is there any church in Dublin that does this?
    As you can imagine, google doesn't give this information too readily, would the helpful people of boards know? :)

Eh, maybe this should be in Christianity forum but it's a Dublin specific question also.

There's a vigil mass as Gaeilge on Saturday evening's in Holy Cross Church, Dundrum - 7.30pm.

I think there used to be one in Merchant's Quay, but I'm not sure if I'm getting confused with somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

Raheny. Also St Gabriels in Clontarf / Dollymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Domnick St church do it aswell.

www.catholicireland.net and look under mass times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Aifrinn Domhnaigh as Gaeilge in Ard-Deoise Bhaile Átha Cliath

A) Liotúirge iomlán as Gaeilge
    B) Gan Seanmóir as Gaeilge

Gach Seachtain:

Dé Sathairn (Bigil an Domhnaigh):
    7.30pm Ard Liath (Aireagal an Aiséirí, Bóthar na Cille Móire) - A
    Dún Droma - A

Dé Domhnaigh
    8.30am Ráth Fearnáin - B

9am Baile na gCorr - B
    Bré (Naomh-Shlánaitheoir) - B
    Cill Fhionntain - B
    Cill Mochuda - B
    Cluain Dolcáin - B
    Tamhlacht (Naomh Muire) - A

9.30am Baile Dúill - B
    Domhnach Cearna - B

10am An Naigín - A
    Ascal Choill na bhFeá, Raghnallach - B
    Dún Laoghaire - B
    Sráid Ghardnar (Séipéal Iognáid) - A
    Sráid an Teampaill (Na Caipisínigh) - A

12pm Sráid Líosáin (Aireagal Mhuire) - A

Domhnaigh Áirithe:

8.30am Baile Phámar (4ú Domhnach) - B
    Baile Ruáin (2ú Domhnach) - B

9am Bóthar Bhaile Munna (1ú Domhnach) - B
    Caisleán Cnucha (1ú Domhnach) - B
    Carraig an tSionnaigh (1ú Domhnach) - B
    Na Clocha Liatha (1ú Domhnach) - B

9.30am Beaumont (1ú, 2ú, 4ú + 5ú Domhnach) - B
    Belfield, Ollscoil (Le linn na bliana acadúla amháin) - A

10am Glas Naíon (2ú + 3ú Domhnach) - B
    Léim an Bhradáin (3ú Domhnach) - B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

micmclo wrote: »

It's quite ironic that you want to attend a mass in Irish and you can't even spell Gaeilge right. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It's quite ironic that you want to attend a mass in Irish and you can't even spell Gaeilge right. :P

Maybe the OP wants to learn?

Why do you chose to criticise someone whom expresses an interest in the language??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The OP didn't state that he/she wished to attend.

Do you feel that anyone who wishes to attend a mass in a particular language must be familiar with that language first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ooops :o
    In my defense that post was written at 1:49am, coming home from the pub.

Apologies for misspelling a word in a language I hope to improve on :(

Edit: Many thanks for the helpful posts

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

The Irish mass used to be on at 8:30am on Sundays in Raheny. As far as I know it's not on anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

12pm Sráid Líosáin (Aireagal Mhuire) - A

I googled "Aireagal Mhuire" and came across this thread. We dropped into Sráid Líosáin this morning for the 12pm mass. We hadn't been there in about 6 months. It wasn't on and the 'Aireagal Mhuire' sign over the front door was no longer there. Does anybody know if they have now closed the chapel down?

It was, for us, the best, most intimate mass as Gaeilge in Dublin. There would only be about twenty of us in it on a day, and songs would be sung in the Irish and Latin, and the priest would usually be a native speaker. It would be a pity if they put a stop to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lila wrote: »
    Raheny. Also St Gabriels in Clontarf / Dollymount.

The Irish mass in St Gabriel's is at 9am each Sunday.
    Get 130 bus from town if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Seanchai wrote: »
    I googled "Aireagal Mhuire" and came across this thread. We dropped into Sráid Líosáin this morning for the 12pm mass. We hadn't been there in about 6 months. It wasn't on and the 'Aireagal Mhuire' sign over the front door was no longer there. Does anybody know if they have now closed the chapel down?

It was, for us, the best, most intimate mass as Gaeilge in Dublin. There would only be about twenty of us in it on a day, and songs would be sung in the Irish and Latin, and the priest would usually be a native speaker. It would be a pity if they put a stop to it.

Aistríodh an t-aifreann seo go dtí an clochar ar Shráid Bhagóid, in aice leis an chanáil. Bíonn sé ar siúl ag meánlae.
    (This mass has transferred to the convent on Baggot Street, near the canal)

Advertisement