Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

97 Almera Heating Issue

Options
  • 05-12-2008 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a 97 Nissan Almera H/B Irish car with just a touch over 117K miles on her. It's a great little run around and fully serviced and looked after. Last night I noticed when I put the heating on full there was a smell of petrol. This is the first time this has happened. I checked it again this morning and it was gone.

Just wondering if it is anything I should be immediately worried about, she is due for a service in about 2K miles so I might get it checked then.

doohan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

doohan wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a 97 Nissan Almera H/B Irish car with just a touch over 117K miles on her. It's a great little run around and fully serviced and looked after. Last night I noticed when I put the heating on full there was a smell of petrol. This is the first time this has happened. I checked it again this morning and it was gone.

Just wondering if it is anything I should be immediately worried about, she is due for a service in about 2K miles so I might get it checked then.

doohan
    I wouldn't turn on the heat and have a smoke, put it that way, I'd get it looked at ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Good cars alright :)
    Fuel vapours can linger in the engine bay,especially if you turn the heater on full this might just be enhancing the effect of getting the smell into the cabin.
    If the smell only lasted for a few moments and there was no sign of it again the next day i wouldn't worry about it too much,none the less have a look around the engine bay for leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If the smell of petrol persists then it would indicate that petrol is leaking and the fumes are being drawn in by the heater fan. If it continues get it seen to - excessive petrol fumes will not agree with your ability to drive.....

Advertisement