Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes - 20% back

• 05-12-2008 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Heard on the radio last night that Dunnes are giving back 20% on your card on all shopping, including clothing from today till Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yay!!! It's back :D That's my xmas shopping sorted, do you know if it includes alcohol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Will you still get 20% back if you use the vouchers from the last time they ran this promo. I only got these on Monday this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

bennyc wrote: »
    Will you still get 20% back if you use the vouchers from the last time they ran this promo. I only got these on Monday this week.

AFAIK I doesn't matter how you pay....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Oh wow they give me 20% back if I use their value club card. So they keep my money on deposit earn a bit of interest and then give me back the 20%. Thanks but no thanks.

If they took the 20% off the price on the shelf from word go then I might be interested.

Riv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

RiverWilde wrote: »
    Oh wow they give me 20% back if I use their value club card. So they keep my money on deposit earn a bit of interest and then give me back the 20%. Thanks but no thanks.

If they took the 20% off the price on the shelf from word go then I might be interested.

Riv

Well its better than a kick in the teeth, so what if it takes 4 months for it to come back, it better then most people paying for petrol and loosing a day heading up north and trying to justify how thry are making a saving of 30euro on 200 spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some people are never happy. :rolleyes: If you had to buy groceries this weekend isn't it better to get 20% back at some stage, even if it is in the future, than not at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Riv

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Glass half empty much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Anyone get vouchers in the post for the new Store opened in Saggart?
    If so, any chance this is in addition to the 20% off this weekend? (ie. what are the chances of getting 45% off)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

Zaph wrote: »
    If you had to buy groceries this weekend isn't it better to get 20% back at some stage, even if it is in the future, than not at all?
    Personally I'd check in case the likes of Lidl/Aldi are cheaper regardless of the Dunnes offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Riv

Im sure Dunnes will miss your custom.

jenno86 wrote: »
    Im sure Dunnes will miss your custom.

Somehow I doubt it :)

Riv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh wow they give me 20% back if I use their value club card.

So you buy items for a 100 euro, they give you 20 euro back but you have to use their FREE value club card?

The Bástárds!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Boggles wrote: »
    So you buy items for a 100 euro, they give you 20 euro back but you have to use their FREE value club card?

The Bástárds!! :pac:

lol, should complain to the consumer authority, thats bad form...Fuc*ers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I think a few posters are not looking at the bigger picture here. These are money off vouchers! How could you complain? You'd swear Dunnes were stealing from you. Unlike Aldi or Lidl you can pick which brand you buy rather than being presented with just one.

Personally I do a lot of shopping during these bonus periods and thanks to Dunnes, I got 40euros off my shopping in my recent mailing. 40euros for swiping a card at the till. Not a bad offer.

As far as I'm concerned the money in my pocket is mine - it doesn't belong to Dunnes or any other company. If they want my business they can lower their prices. I'm not going to pay full price so they can invest the money, earn interest on it and then give me the 20%. I want the money in my pocket now, so I can spend it on other essential items. So no it isn't a good deal.

Riv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

stop trolling riv. away to lidl with you

Trolling? Now that's funny.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

Bought a crate of miller bottles on special offer from €26.99 to €19.50-ish (can't remember off the top of my head). Looks like the 20% back applies to the original price so thats €5.21 back in points. Can't argue with a crate of miller for just over €14 (eventually) :D

• Advertisement

tdow wrote: »
    Bought a crate of miller bottles on special offer from €26.99 to €19.50-ish (can't remember off the top of my head). Looks like the 20% back applies to the original price so thats €5.21 back in points. Can't argue with a crate of miller for just over €14 (eventually) :D

Well you can, it's Miller, but the concept is sound. :D

Did the same myself when they had this on before, and the points were all calculated on the original price. Got great bargains on beer I would have been buying anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Thei loyal customers, the mammies who go in one/twice a week buying a huge weeks worth of shopping will be happy!.. and thats who they are trying to please!
    They had an offfer, if you spent over €120 you'd get, i think 20% back, and this offer ran for about 5-6 weeks, my mother got at least €100 back in vouchers, shes happy, OK- she spent a little bit extra, but it was stuff that she was going to get eventually anyways! (ie Biscuit tins as Christmas Presents)
    Its a good deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

ian_m wrote: »
    I think a few posters are not looking at the bigger picture here. These are money off vouchers! How could you complain? You'd swear Dunnes were stealing from you. Unlike Aldi or Lidl you can pick which brand you buy rather than being presented with just one.

Personally I do a lot of shopping during these bonus periods and thanks to Dunnes, I got 40euros off my shopping in my recent mailing. 40euros for swiping a card at the till. Not a bad offer.

It is money off vouchers their inflated prices though.
    by the time you get the vouchers you can only use them on their over oriced goods because there will be no sale on. its a bit of a con really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Somehow I doubt it :)

Riv

I was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

321654 wrote: »
    It is money off vouchers their inflated prices though.
    by the time you get the vouchers you can only use them on their over oriced goods because there will be no sale on. its a bit of a con really.

Ill give that consideration next time I'm spending my money off vouchers.

jenno86 wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

So was I :D

Riv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

it only make economic sense if you do the bulk of your shopping
    at dunnes anyway,
    where is the saving in being enticed into purchasing in a store
    that you would not normally buy in,paying upwards of 20% more than in the discount retailers and then waiting to get money off vouchers to spend on the same overpriced goods again!:o

It's simple really, if you want choice, prefer not to shop in grim surroundings and you can afford it, you go to Dunnes. If you're happy with one brand per product, don't care where you shop or would like to save a few quid, you go to Aldi or Lidl. Many people, myself included, prefer the former, and getting 20% back at some stage in the future is a bonus, but I'd be going there anyway. I don't see why I need to justify my choice of supermarket to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

well justified.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

As far as I'm concerned the money in my pocket is mine - it doesn't belong to Dunnes or any other company. If they want my business they can lower their prices. I'm not going to pay full price so they can invest the money, earn interest on it and then give me the 20%. I want the money in my pocket now, so I can spend it on other essential items. So no it isn't a good deal.

Riv

+1

I hate this Big Brother mentality of the supermarkets

Advertisement