Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking at Rush & Lusk Train Station

• 05-12-2008 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Recently started working in town again and am just wondering what time you need to get to Rush and Lusk Train station to be guaranteed a parking space. Also does anyone know what time you need to be there at to get a space in the original parking area on the Lusk side. Have heard all sort of rumours on getting heemed in at the new unmarked area of parking!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

does anyone know what time you need to be there at to get a space in the original parking area on the Lusk side
    Did you mean the original car park on the Rush side? You'd want to be there well before 7am.

EDIT: I just realised you are probably referring to the old car park on the Lusk side. I'd forgotten about that one! :o
    Have heard all sort of rumours on getting heemed in at the new unmarked area of parking!
    The new car park on the Lusk side begins filling after 7am and there are usually spaces available until about 7.30 - 7.45am. After that you may get a centre space but it's not advisable if you are returning early as you may be blocked in.

(A friend who is not familiar with the area, parked there recently returning at 1pm only having to wait until evening to get his car!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This is the sort of parking that goes on there!

RushLuskParking907.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anynamewilldo

Thanks for that. Where is the best spot to park in the overflow carpark so as to avoid being blocked in. I think I would kill someone if they blocked me in. I would be hoping to get a train at 7.27 and would be returning at 6pm. If there is a chance of getting blocked in or having to spend 20 mins getting out of the car park then I'll probably stay with the car as I have parking in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Such inconsiderate parking is the reason why I drive to Donabate every morning!

NCPS should be ashamed of themselves charging €2 a day for that joke of a car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anynamewilldo

So what's donabate like as an alternative and what time do you need to be there to guarantee a space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I get the 8am train into Connolly and there's always plenty of parking on the Turvey side car park. Donabate natives have the advantage of having their station within walking distance!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is the sort of parking that goes on there!

RushLuskParking907.jpg

They let this happen? I'm glad I can walk to a train station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭sk8board

kearnsr wrote: »
    They let this happen? I'm glad I can walk to a train station

From my ownperspective, its not 'quite' as bad as people make out. I park there every day (can even see my car in that photo).
    You will notice that every single car in that photo can get out of their space (granted its tight), bar the 5 cars down the middle (I'm one of them).
    Each morning the carpark fills from the front backwards, as people habitually arrive for the same train in the morning; and empties in the same order, as people get the same trains home. I recognise a lot of the cars that park around me each morning at this stage, and I know that if any 1 of the 5 or 6 of them blocking me in are on the same train as me (or a previous train), that I'll get out no problem. I've been blocked in once in the last few years, as I was on an earlier train, and waited for 20mins.

The photo only shows about 1/3 of the new carpark under development; its being extended all the way through the ditch at the back; but I'm not convined IR have the money to finish it, so we could be in this situation for a while yet.

BTW, got clamped there yesterday so be aware! 120 plus 5 for paying by CC (the only way allowed on the automated phone payment). Spend a few weeks cycling before the frost arrived and it worked out very well; so will get back on the bike asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭sk8board

Did you mean the original car park on the Rush side? You'd want to be there well before 7am.

since the charged parking came into play you'd get a parking space at the rush side easily for the 7.46 train.

certainly it used to be crazy a few years ago, and I used to get the 6.58 train to get a space close to the front of that carpark, but to be fair the parking capacity has been expanded a lot at the lusk side the past few years, and whenever they finish the big expanision after demolishing those 5 dwelling houses, there will be a lot more capacity.

Advertisement