Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help big time!!!

Options
  • 05-12-2008 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Long story,

simple as this "someone" poured milk on the inside of my car and over the engine!! how in the living **** am i going to get rid of the smell. it happened on Monday night!!!

im going to power wash the engine, so hopefully that will get rid of that and the heat of the engine will burn it off!! i do hope it didnt get into the air filters but there is a hint of sour milk in the car when i turn on the heat!!

help please guys!! if i cant get rid of it, the car has to go!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thats a strange thing to happen lol. Bring it to deise valeting down by o briens garage in johnstown, waterford . James in there does an excellent job and he takes out the interior to clean it and all. He will sort it For ya know bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yeah a good Valeting will sort it out for you. I had the kids bottle under the seat burst open after a few months happen before.

Just remember to post a link to the full story from PIs here when your done , I am sure it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im sorry for your troubles. Valeting is the only way to go because you will need the car steam cleaned.

You said "Long Story". Can we hear the rest for our amusement on a quiet Friday?

How in the **** did somebody get into your car and why the **** would someone pour milk all over the inside of your car.

Personally I would have pulled up the carpet and put a few prawns under it. :D You would be feeling those in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

HAHAHA nothing from PI lads!!!

easy done, get the keys of my car, carton of milk and off ya go, close it up, put the keys back where they were and say nothing!!

after reading a few sites that say malt white vinegar and baking soda!!!

this is going to be fun!!!

Mick,

Ah what did you do to her? :eek:

• Advertisement

thats another days story, i rather get this sorted first!!!! :D:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How in the **** did somebody get into your car and why the **** would someone pour milk all over the inside of your car.
    Methinks Mickdots has upset his (former?) partner!
    Personally I would have pulled up the carpet and put a few prawns under it. :D You would be feeling those in a few days.
    KBannon recalls the fish trick in "grumpy old men".

kbannon wrote: »
    KBannon recalls the fish trick in "grumpy old men".

My fiancee was leaving a rented apartment years ago and the landlord said no to the deposit refund because the carpet was stained. We said we would stay one extra month to which we kept putting off paying the rent. Tomorrow, next monday and things like that. Basically we stiffed him on the months rent as he kept the deposit and we were all square. Well we were anyway as far as I was concerned.

Not happy with that I decided a container of fresh prawns was to be left under the floorboards behind the water heater.

Hows that for sour apples.

*ahem* sorry for hijacking the thread. Back on topic. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

how old is the car, is it worth much? ie it is worth the same or less than a top end valet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok Mick, fair enough if you don't want to spill the beans now, but at least give is a guarantee you'll come back some day to ease our curiosity ;)

04 golf. 1.6 sportsline. nothing special but worth a hell of alot more than a valet!!

After been told white vinegar and baking soda for the inside. Then get dog/cat odor eater to go over it!!

i think a good power wash for the outside

If that fails I will do what seanybiker said!!

delly wrote: »
    Ok Mick, fair enough if you don't want to spill the beans now, but at least give is a guarantee you'll come back some day to ease our curiosity ;)

will do :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Mickdots wrote: »
    04 golf. 1.6 sportsline. nothing special but worth a hell of alot more than a valet!!

After been told white vinegar and baking soda for the inside. Then get dog/cat odor eater to go over it!!

i think a good power wash for the outside

If that fails I will do what seanybiker said!!

if the valet doesn't work you can still smell the milk, try one of these:
    http://www.redexpress.co.uk/store/s33/1-3-65/Home/Car-Air-Fresheners/Neutradol/Neutradol/Neutradol-Original-Car-Odour-Destroyer-Original-Blue-AD12MS/details.aspx

it will keep your car smelling nice for weeks (just enough time to sell it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

would russel know the story :p. Hope this is same mick dots i think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Clean the milk off the paintwork soon as - it can damage the paint in the long term

got it off the paintwork as soon as i knew about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Mickdots wrote: »
    got it off the paintwork as soon as i knew about it!!

Were you messing around with pat mustards women:D

Advertisement